Intern - Buyer (Core Technology Component Sourcing) (m/w/d)
- Frankfurt, Germany
At Samsung, large part of product innovation is driven by collaboration with companies which supply core component technologies to Samsung.
Buyer is responsible for scouting, sourcing, verifying and purchasing of the core commodities to ensure Samsung product's competitiveness in technology, price and quality are retained.
As an intern, you will be shadowing and supporting senior members of the team, directly engaging with suppliers, exposed to projects with potential multi-million business and experiencing the entire process of purchasing.
Application is closing on 31st July, successful completion of internship may lead to a potential offer of permanent employment.
Location: Schwalbach/Taunus bei Frankfurt am Main
Role and Responsibilities
- Lead communication, interfacing between Samsung HQ R&D/Procurement team and the companies that supply core technology components
- Observe the Market and strategically source core components which delivers competitive edge in price, quality and technology to Samsung products
- Build confidant relationship and network across industry to secure competitive component base
- Assess and mitigate risks of Samsung business, actively identifying potential issues that can affect product strategy, promptly reporting to senior leadership
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor or Masters Student in Engineering or Natural Sciences with highly strong affinity towards IT and Consumer Electronic products
- Ideally native or fluent in English (primary) and additional European languages including German
- Proficient in MS Office, skilled in report and presentation creation
- Excellent communicator in verbal and written with great interpersonal skills
- Tech savvy and commercially astute
Back to top