- Mountain View, CA
Role and Responsibilities
Forecast, review, coordinate, monitor, and assist in the preparation of the department financial reporting and analysis. Manage budget and AR. Conduct various financial duties and ad-hoc reports. Assist month-end closing, MBO review, finance policy and process change impacting budget management.
Common Essentials/Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage division budget and provide and communicate monthly analysis reports with departments.
- Manage AR and provide AR analysis reports to management and assist controller to lead and arrange regular AR management meetings with stakeholders
- Analyze actual operating results of each department through the year, compare to monthly forecast and yearly plan and communicate results with departments
- Perform other finance or administrative support projects and tasks assigned by financial management
- Perform fiscal and variance analysis on a variety of issues in support of and to facilitate budgetary decision making.
- Perform various month-end service product sales reconciliation
- Analyze operating results of each department through the year and compare to monthly forecast and yearly plan and interpret data and presents results to management.
- Provide ad-hoc financial management reports as need
- Assist MBO management and prepare for consolidated reports to management
- Monitor financial trends and budgeted revenues and expenditures of responsible divisions to ensure the fiscal responsibility and control is maintained and to assure.
- Resolve budget error problems, including trouble shooting and reminding users of company policy.
- Support marketing fund management
- Bachelor's Degree with 6-10 years of experience is required. MBA a plus
- Prior experience in accounting reporting, financial modeling, budgeting, FP&A and/or audits preferred.
- Previous experience in the tech industry a plus
- Must have Microsoft Office Suite of PC software applications experience with advanced Excel spreadsheet preparation skills.
Necessary Skills and Attributes
- Reads, interprets, and acts on proper understanding of accounting and financial documents based on corporate business financial philosophy.
- Ability to communicate in writing, through email, reports, or orally, accounting and financial reporting matters.
- Job duties involve some innovation and analysis to resolve problems.
- Bilingual preferred - English and Korean (intermediate or fluent)
- Ability to independently or as a team member achieve personal and team goals and complete assignments within established time frames and specifications.
- The ability to perform tasks and work assignments based upon general policies where work results are sometimes monitored. Some analysis is required to make decisions and to determine appropriate courses of action where situations differ and require creativity to search for solutions from among learned experiences.
- The ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all appropriate levels within and outside the company.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize multiple assignments and projects. The ability to work either independently or in a team environment to achieve personal and team project goals, including the completion of assignments within established time frames.
- Content & services and digital ads business background in tech industry preferred
Skills and Qualifications
• Experienced professional with full understanding on specialized areas; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways
• Works on problems of diverse scope where analyzing data requires evaluating identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgement in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
• Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work and receives general instructions on new assignments
• Typically requires minimum 5 years' of related experience and a Bachelor's degree, or 3 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD without experience
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provides Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top