- Hackensack, NJ
Our qualified candidate will take responsibility for Samsung Electronics America's (SEA) resource management by reviewing all cost related items and managing overall expense database for the entirety of SEA. As a part of SEA resource management team, you will be managing budgetary expenses overhead and will provide detailed expense analysis to finance manager directly and controller if necessary. Also, the position will manage the company workflow for two internal as well and an investment module.
Role and Responsibilities
- Conduct 3-month business forecasts, including comprehensive forecasts on overhead expenses as well as of business environmental changes to provide better financial visibility to management.
- Maintain company overhead database by cost center and general ledger level and utilize the database to respond to various requests both from SEA and Headquarters.
- Review requests for all shared services department including legal, HR, e-Commerce and Business Management in advance to controller's approval, and make sure to understand the validity of the cost and calculate potential impact to SEA P&L forecasts
- Cooperating with partner teams, manage company workflows and respond to FAQs in using internal systems
- Guide each functional team on yearly budget on major expense items including IT expenses and Marketing expenses in order to manage subsidiary overhead in high-level perspectives.
- Prepare and perform month-end closing from a managerial standpoint, using SAP Controlling (CO) module while closely monitoring expenses/cost allocation of various profit segments/cost centers.
- By reviewing monthly/quarterly/yearly Profit & Loss (P&L) statements and other financial reports consolidating financial results, conduct profit analysis vs target, previous forecast and prior year in order to track cost fluctuations.
- Investigate irregular financial trends by linking financial information with business results, previous variance analyses, in-depth raw data examination, and close communication with related business teams/divisions.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance or a related field from a four-year college or university.
- Have 1-2 years related accounting experience with previous financial experience preferred.
- Must have Microsoft Office Suite of PC software applications experience with Excel spreadsheet preparation skills.
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce, and providing Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protect by law.
Back to top