Enterprise/Data Platform Architect
- Mountain View, CA
Our vision is what your eyes see. Here at Samsung, we've successfully changed the way TV sets were viewed - once hunky, bulky sets that displayed dull colors to attractive, thin and sleek panels that captivate viewers with vibrant colors and life-like realism. We're at it again - with a new endeavor - changing the way you interact with Smart-TVs. As we revolutionize the TV viewing experience once again, we want to do the same for the way you interact with the next generation of our products and services. We're putting together a team of world-class engineers that would help us make this vision a reality. If you're ready to take on this challenge and see your work dazzle millions of users, we'd love to hear from you!
Samsung has developed a proprietary ad platform that leverages unique first party TV data to help brands connect to their audience as they explore content across desktop, mobile, tablets and our SMART TVs. The Samsung Ad Platform delivers high-quality audience targeting powered by three key components: first-party audience data at scale, world-class data science, and brand-safe cross-device ad inventory.
Role and Responsibilities
As an Enterprise Architect, you will be working with the Samsung Ads Product and Engineering teams to ensure that that platform as a whole, and its key individual components, are built to operate at high performance, availability and maintainability standards. You will be key in proposing and driving the vision and approach when building new components, documenting the architecture at various granularities, and guiding and supporting the development, acceptance and productionization.
Relevant advertising industry experience is useful, but ultimately less so than your demonstrated abilities and attitude.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Architecting new components and systems based on internal requirements, with appropriate mix of top-down declaration and bottom-up collaboration
- Re-architecting existing components to address growth/performance/scalability challenges, including migration and change management
- Analyzing and constructively critiquing architectures and designs by peers
- Research and evaluation of best-of-breed technologies to inform architecture decisions, especially build-vs-buy and cost/benefit analysis
- Maintaining up-to-date architecture documentation and flows as it relates to components, data, and their interdependencies
- Providing consultancy and guidance to engineering teams as they build and/or evaluate components
- Provide consultancy during component testing and productionization to ensure fidelity against agreed-on architecture and acceptance criteria
- Providing consultancy and guidance to non-engineering teams, such as product, privacy and governance, regarding component and data behaviors and characteristics
- Participate in internal training to improve knowledge of both existing components and general architecture best-practices
Skills and Qualifications
- Software development background strongly preferred
- 8+ years of working experience in an architect role (either primary or secondary)
- Strong expertise across broad computer science fundamentals: Hardware, operating systems, software, data structures, and networking
- Expertise designing and/or operating globally distributed systems in production
- Expertise designing and/or operating big data systems
- Exceptionally strong communicator, especially in ability to discuss low-level engineering-facing details and high-level product-facing attributes
- Comfortable presenting and obtaining consensus using multiple methods: Written diagrams and text, in-person meetings, in-person and remote presentations, including occasional cross-office travel
- Hands-on experience and comfort with classical Software Development Life Cycle
- Hands-on experience with modern SDLC tooling including source control, reviewing, CI and CD
- Extremely high level of attention to detail
- A "can-do" attitude
- You have a track record of making things better, questioning and improving the status quo
- You enjoy working with others who are smart and passionate about building useful, reliable, performant products
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Ability to work autonomously, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top