Director, Business Development and Content Acquisition (Samsung TV Plus)
- Los Angeles, CA
Samsung Electronics America is recruiting for a Director of Business Development and Content Acquisitions based in Los Angeles for Samsung TV Plus. Samsung TV Plus is Samsung's free ad-supported Smart TV video service that delivers instant access to news, sports, entertainment, music, lifestyle content with no need to download an app, purchase an additional device, or pay for another subscription.
The content acquisition executive will focus on evaluating and licensing content from movie studios, television networks, producers and content licensors across the vast footprint of Samsung devices for US. The candidate will require a keen understanding and extensive experience negotiating and securing content from distributors / creators / publishers / licensors for the AVOD platform.
S/he will be expected to drive content selection/curation, strategy, pricing, availabilities and deal negotiations for Samsung TV Plus in the US. The ideal candidate will be a strong critical thinker that attentive to detail as well as the ability to see the big picture.
Role and Responsibilities
- Negotiate Samsung TV Plus licensing and distribution deals for studio content through broadcast networks, content studios, and content licensors for Samsung TV Plus.
- Lead the negotiation process and interface directly with legal team in the contract drafting and review process
- Have a strong understanding of content libraries across a vast array of licensors and content owners with a deep knowledge of market pricing and content windowing
- Identify and screen content through performance tracking, industry knowledge and insights, and research in an effort to find the most engaging content for Samsung device owners in the region
- Participate in all aspects of partnership life-cycle (including pitching/prospecting, forecasting, contract drafting, operational management, scheduling launch timing, etc.)
- Work cross functionally with other groups at Samsung to provide direct input and consultation on current and future programming strategies.
- Communicate market trends and industry shifts, including implications and recommendations, to internal and external partners
Skills and Qualifications
- 12+ years of experience at a content acquisitions at an OTT ad-supported video platform and/or a major content studio focused negotiating the content licensing deals
- Strong and verifiable relationships at major studios and content licensors.
- A strong track record of personally closing high-value deals
- BA/BS required, MBA preferred but not required
- Broad understanding of the digital video advertising ecosystem, local advertising trends, ads economics, and changing ads business models
- Ability to work independently and pivot decisively and quickly when necessary
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated experience in market analysis, competitive analysis and strategic thinking.
- Excellent project and time management skills
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top