Dacor Sales Manager - Seattle, WA
- Des Moines, WA
For decades, Samsung has been leading the charge on innovation. We see beauty in achieving excellence and our passion for change fuels our discoveries, inventions, and breakthrough technology. We believe that technology can, and should, make the world a better place, so we create new possibilities for people everywhere, push the limits of what's possible, and constantly innovate.
At Samsung Electronics America, we take pride in the creativity and diversity of our talented people - they are at the forefront of everything we do. Their skillset and mindset drive our continued success. Only the resilient and resourceful thrive in the daily dose of unexpected at Samsung. We unapologetically push to achieve unforeseen potential in everything we do, both within the workplace and at home. We fearlessly face challenges head-on, conquer the unconquerable, and are comfortable living in the uncomfortable zone. Together we make the impossible possible. Because at Samsung, we Own the Unknown.
Are you ready to #OwnTheUnknown? Join us.
Role and Responsibilities
The Account Manager - Dacor will oversee the implementation of all sales programs, product training, and pricing with dealer partners, local designers, and builders. The role is accountable for achieving or exceeding annual sales revenue objectives. The positon is responsible for training all inside distributor sales personnel and working with outside distributor sales personnel in closing new business opportunities with home builders, multi-family principals and remodeling companies. The AM has the responsibility to ensure all sales programs are known to distributor personnel and are leveraged to drive our sales in market. At times, the AM role will need to review Dacor's "order-to-cash" process with distributor administrative management to ensure compliance. Converts regional execution plans into local market actions with trade customers specific monthly goals and objectives.
- Accountable for achieving current annual sales targets while positioning the business for continued growth in future years.
- Enabling distributor sales teams (inside and outside) to know and understand the Dacor brand, value proposition, performance and features of our products and services.
- Along with distributor sales personnel, review products, and programs with new builders, multi-family contacts, design centers and interior designers.
- Develops an in-depth knowledge and expertise with regard to all builders, residential architects, kitchen designers, and interior designers within assigned market.
- Provide competitive market intelligence feedback to the RSM and Dacor VP of Sales
- Identifying business opportunities for distributor sales people and work with them to develop business relationships and close contracts.
- Maintain an up-to-date sales call plan with objectives and document all communications and committed to actions to distributor personnel and AM follow through.
- Coordinate with other AM's on behalf of distributors to coordinate a multi-market builder or out-of-market business opportunity.
- Work closely with Dacor Trade Representatives in key markets to uncover, and follow-up on all residential projects and leads.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree with 6+ years of direct experience or equivalent industry experience.
- Has total working knowledge of all marketing support materials and how they can be best utilized.
- Become an active member of local industry associations such as NAHB, NKBA, ASID and attends all meetings and joins selective committees.
- Participates in regional or national trade shows.
- Communicates product /forecasting needs to RSM.
- Focus of sales productivity…high percentage of time, 70%, involved in selling activities (face time with trade customers) with 30% (home office) in sales administration.
- Business and trade customer performance turnaround abilities.
- Business negotiation.
- Product training expert on home appliances and design integration of appliances.
- Managing quote/pricing practices.
- Excels in multi-tasking.
- Computer savvy - Internet, creative power point, word and excel spreadsheets.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under little supervision.
- Must be able to exercise independent judgment and demonstrates solid time management and organizational skills.
- Progressive sales leadership career (5 to 10+ years) working with the home building and remodeling industries preferably in the home appliance industry.
- Working knowledge of the Super Premium/Luxury segment of the appliance industry and how it integrates with the builder distributors and home building industry.
- Working with building material distributor's inside and outside sales personnel.
- Known to be an opinion leader within high performing sales teams.
- History of exceeding challenging sales quotas and overcoming internal and trade customer obstacles and competitive actions.
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provides Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. #LI-PS1
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top