Customer Technical Advocate
- Plano, TX
For decades, Samsung has been leading the charge on innovation. We see beauty in achieving excellence and our passion for change fuels our discoveries, inventions, and breakthrough technology. We believe that technology can, and should, make the world a better place, so we create new possibilities for people everywhere, push the limits of what's possible, and constantly innovate.
At Samsung Electronics America, we take pride in the creativity and diversity of our talented people - they are at the forefront of everything we do. Their skillset and mindset drive our continued success. Only the resilient and resourceful thrive in the daily dose of unexpected at Samsung. We unapologetically push to achieve unforeseen potential in everything we do, both within the workplace and at home. We fearlessly face challenges head-on, conquer the unconquerable, and are comfortable living in the uncomfortable zone. Together we make the impossible possible. Because at Samsung, we Own the Unknown.
Are you ready to #OwnTheUnknown? Join us.
We are looking for the best people, who are prepared to dig in and live on the edge of a fast paced and rapidly evolving industry.
When you look back on your career, do you want to be able to look out on what you have accomplished, and see that you had a major impact, in an industry that is transforming the way people live and work every day? If so, then apply to become a member of our team.
As a Customer Technical Advocate, you are responsible for interfacing with the customer at the market / region level to assist with all questions or tickets related to functionality and performance of Samsung generally approved hardware or software spanning 4G and 5G networks. Including, interfacing with internal subject matter experts at Samsung to develop comprehensive responses or mitigation plans to the customers' inquiries or tickets. And, ensuring customer satisfaction by personally engaging with the customer
Role and Responsibilities
Role and Responsibilities:
- This role will support business meetings initiated by the customer to address technical questions or concerns related to generally approved Samsung hardware or software.
- Provides the Operational leads with expert technical advice during the planning or execution process to help achieve the goals and objectives of the program.
- Translates and communicates complex technical detail between Samsung subject matter experts and the customer as needed.
- Takes the lead in technical Q&A for Samsung's Wireless Network infrastructure products, applications and associated professional services.
- Develops Customer relationship at multiple levels of the customer organization through sales efforts, customer presentations and regularly scheduled business reviews.
- Establish and maintain a high level of trust and confidence as a subject matter expert
- Assist in proposal responses based on new and existing technical specifications. Support commercial/pricing activities during proposal creations as required.
- Educate customers on existing products and services both individually and in a team environment.
- Ensuring customer satisfaction is achieved by addressing all customer related inquiries.
- Works closely with various support organizations, logistics, and cross- functional teams to achieve successful deployment of product and services.
Skills and Qualifications:
Background & Competencies Required:
- Have 7+ years of experience in 4G wireless EMS, OSS, tools, systems technical sales and/or product management; experience with 4G macro components preferred
- Must be able to write, read, analyze, interpret, present, and explain wireless systems technical product and development materials
- Ability to coordinate other resources in a matrix environment across Sales, Engineering and Development
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from accredited college or university.
Necessary Skills and attributes:
- Ability to interact and present to all levels of management within customers organizations.
- Customer driven with excellent relationship management skills
- The ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple projects, and simultaneous performance objectives.
- Work independently in determining one's personal work schedule to be productive and drive results.
- Work in a team environment, in order to achieve personal and team project milestones and to complete assignments within established time frames.
- Accept tasks and problems/situations that differ, requiring creativity to search for optimal solutions, when only broad and general guidelines exist for solving problems.
- Negotiate with and convince others, in a potentially adversarial environment, including customer directors, managers and staff with opposing views to accept/approve plans, technical and project recommendations.
- Make professional technical presentations in writing, through email, reports, or orally, to an audience of high technical skills, management and operational experience.
- Ability to achieve results within established time frames and requirements. Develop accurate proposals and designs to meet customer needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional skills in Microsoft Office, including Excel, PowerPoint and WordPhysical/Mental Demands and Working Conditions: The position requires the ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities in the following environment:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Must be skilled in developing and maintaining good working relationships with all appropriate levels within and outside the company
- Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal more than 75% of work time in an office work environment
- Frequently works additional hours beyond normal schedule
- Performs work under time schedules and stresses which are normally periodic or cyclical and include time sensitive job stress, fatigue, unpaid over-time, intellectual challenge, constant technical data feedback, language barriers, and project management stress.
- Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids include PC's, printers, etc. most often associated with office work area equipment
- Under minimal supervision with a high level of responsibility to apply general policies and guidelines where decisions are seldom monitored, consequences of decisions may adversely affect operating results and management decisions. Position has complete access to confidential company data where disclosure may jeopardize the company's competitive positionSamsung Electronics America provides Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Skills and Qualifications
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top