5G Test Engineers (RAN, Core, NFV)
- Plano, TX
If you have ambitions to be a part of a Best in Class organization, Samsung's Wireless Networks team is the place to be! The role of the Wireless Networks Team is to support our carrier customers through innovative technology road map. The dynamic culture at Samsung offers both great challenge and great reward. If you want to work among the very best talent in the industry, working on the most innovative products in the world, Samsung is the place to be.
We are ramping up our hiring
•RAN Systems Test Engineers
•5G System Test Engineer
•NFV Based 5G Core, Systems Test SME
4G/5G System Test Engineers with emphasis on the RAN CP and OAM features.
These roles will perform complex system verification, and customer support of Samsung 4G/5G RAN Equipment including virtual EMS, vRAN. The candidate will require evaluating various deployment configurations and ensure product support. The candidate will provide technical guidance to the junior team members to ensure deliverables are met.
RAN Systems Test Engineer- -You will be a key contributor as a Validation engineer in a multi-functional team of R&D, Systems engineering, and product validation to introduce Samsung products to Wireless Carrier.
Role and Responsibilities
Types of skills we are looking for
- Minimum of 2 years of RAN Virtualization, EMS/NMS, OAMP & OSS knowledge/experience.
- Experience with OAMP/FCAPS subsystem design and development in wireless networks
- Experience in EMS systems, managing network elements, software upgrades etc
- Fundamental understanding of Openstack/Kubernetes is preferred.
- Experience with SNMP and TNM protocols and NMS/OSS interfaces.
- Must have exposure to High Availability and redundancy systems
- Must have experience authoring and implementing EMS/NMS/NE SW upgrade MOPs in commercial networks.
- Strong knowledge in 5G and 4G LTE Architecture, with good understanding of Call flows. LTE/NR testing experience is preferred.
- Experience with system testing activities such as feature validation, test description documentation, parameter optimization, performance analysis, test strategy creation, problem troubleshooting
- Detailed understanding in managing Openstack environments
- Detailed understanding in configuring virtual switches, network connections, Virtual port types (ie: SR-IOV, virtio), Security Groups, VLANs
- Detailed understanding in taking snapshots, backup and recovery of Virtual machines
- Troubleshooting experience using command-line tools and scripts
- Understanding of Netconf protocol, YANG models & Restful API's.
- Experience in Automation & Orchestration frameworks. (ie: knowledge in the ETSI MANO specifications, OASIS TOSCA, ONAP)
- Ability to travel sporadically during the project
- Experience with complex system verification, and customer support of Samsung 4G and 5G RAN Equipment including virtual EMS, vRAN
- Perform feature validation, interoperability testing, field evaluation to get product acceptance from customer
- Perform OAM functionality verification for eNB/EMS systems, evaluate deployment configuration and ensure product support
- Aid in product & feature performance analysis, evaluation of new product & SW releases
- Ensures that customer commitments are achieved according to project plan
- Work with team members to prepare test plans/cases and execute to validate RAN CP/OAM functionality
- Interface proactively with Product/Technology Engineers to ensure comprehensive test coverage
- Responsible for analyzing the customer requirements, developing test strategy for features and functionalities, converting customer requirements into test plans and detailed test procedures
- Must: Hands on ability to establish and demonstrate new technology.
- Must have PC and UNIX Workstation experience in a LAN/WAN systems environment
- Strong knowledge in 5G/4G air interface and call processing technologies and network architecture specifically focused on Radio Access Network
- Good understanding of overall Wireless systems with emphasis on PHY, MAC, RLC, RRC and PDCP layers
- Must have understanding on wireless concepts such as Hybrid Beamforming, Massive MIMO, New Waveforms, LTE-NR interworking & co-existence, 5G Numerologies etc. .
- Experience with system engineering activities such as feature requirements identification, feature description documentation, parameter optimization, performance analysis, test strategy creation, problem troubleshooting is desirable
- Have in-depth technical engineering experience including wireless telecommunications engineering activities.
- Must be able to write, read, analyze, and interpret technical journals and procedures utilizing mathematics language, non-linear communications, vectors, complex numbers and logarithms as reference.
- Must: Have a good understanding of the overall 5G/LTE RAN Network Architecture.
- Must: Experience with product testing, development of Test Plan and Test Cases
- Must: Technical lead working with team members and providing technical guidance
- Must: Working knowledge and experience using RF test equipment
- Must: Thorough understanding of SW development cycle
- Must: Ability to support market issues to meet commercial SLAs.
- Must: Hands on experience with mobility management & mobile broadband Radios.
- Must: Working knowledge of 5G/LTE protocol stacks
Necessary Skills and attributes:
Demonstrated ability to interact at all levels within customer's organizations. The ability to negotiate with and convince others, in a potentially adversarial environment, including customer leadership, directors and managers with opposing views to accept/approve plans, technical and project recommendations. The ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple strategic programs and simultaneous performance objectives. The ability to write, read, interpret, explain and act based on a thorough understanding of technical documents, engineering materials and contracts or related documents. Ability to make professional sales and business presentations in writing, through email, reports, or orally, including complex business and technical matters to an audience of high technical skills, management and operational experience. Ability to support a cross-functional Samsung team to achieve customer contracted objectives and specific team goals within established time frames and requirements. Assist in and if needed direct the Samsung team in lab and field trials related to introduction of products sold to the customer.
Work is generally performed in an office environment. Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal between more than 50% of work time, including prolonged periods of time. Requires considerable work utilizing high visual acuity / detail, numeric / character distinction and moderate hand / finger dexterity. The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time is under 25 pounds. Performs work under time schedules and stress which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive deadlines, intellectual challenges and project management deadlines. Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids include PC's, printers, copiers, faxes and other equipment commonly associated with an office work area. May require working additional hours beyond normal schedule. Travel varies depending on position. Consistently demonstrates a commitment to policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest and ethical responsibilities.
Skills and Qualifications
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top