Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations™ Cloud, which is a platform that enables organizations that depend on physical operations to harness Internet of Things (IoT) data to develop actionable insights and improve their operations. At Samsara, we are helping improve the safety, efficiency and sustainability of the physical operations that power our global economy. Representing more than 40% of global GDP, these industries are the infrastructure of our planet, including agriculture, construction, field services, transportation, and manufacturing — and we are excited to help digitally transform their operations at scale.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including Video-Based Safety, Vehicle Telematics, Apps and Driver Workflows, Equipment Monitoring, and Site Visibility. As part of a recently public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Great Place To Work Certified™ 2023
Best Place to Work by Built In 2023
Financial Times The Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2023
Deloitte Fast 500 Companies
IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
We see a profound opportunity for data to improve the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of operations, and hope you consider joining us on this exciting journey.
About the role:
We are a fast-paced, creative, and customer-oriented team with employees in San Francisco, Atlanta, and London. We are looking for an Operations Specialist to support the Operations, Sales, and Finance teams in processing and shipping customer orders in our Atlanta office.
This role requires a candidate with high attention to detail, exemplary problem-solving skills, and ability to maintain composure in a rapidly evolving environment. Candidates must have demonstrated the ability to thrive in a highly driven atmosphere while juggling multiple tasks and priorities. Candidates must be able to quickly master new skills, procedures, and systems, with an overall desire to contribute to company growth.
You should apply if:
- You want to impact the industries that run our world: Your efforts will result in real-world impact—helping to keep the lights on, get food into grocery stores, reduce emissions, and most importantly, ensure workers return home safely.
- You are the architect of your own career: If you put in the work, this role won’t be your last at Samsara. We set up our employees for success and have built a culture that encourages rapid career development, countless opportunities to experiment and master your craft in a hyper growth environment.
- You’re energized by our opportunity: The vision we have to digitize large sectors of the global economy requires your full focus and best efforts to bring forth creative, ambitious ideas for our customers.
- You want to be with the best: At Samsara, we win together, celebrate together and support each other. You will be surrounded by a high-caliber team that will encourage you to do your best.
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Negotiate and improve of cost of freight - ensure rates are competitive and hold quarterly business reviews with carriers
- Manage and build out the Logistics and Compliance team.
- Manage business relationship with logistics companies: UPS, DHL, and FedEx
- Improve carrier performance, business process and transportation costs
- Oversee all inbound and outbound logistics
- Manage business standards for freight claims, dangerous goods (HAZMAT), and any new processes that may arise
- Ensure VAT/Duties are charged to the correct parties on imports and exports
- Maintain proficiency on trade compliance regulations and changes in the shipping world
- Resolve issues with customs brokers to resolve and reduce delays
- Develop, maintain and document all high-level global transportation processes and policies
- Develop and implement better processes on keeping customers informed on delivery status
- Maintain the delicate balance in compliance, cost and speed for our shipments
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Hire, develop and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 8-12 years of domestic/international transportation operations
- Managed People for 5 years
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain or a related field of study is preferred
- Strategic program and project management experience required
- Experience managing cross-border shipments
- Detailed oriented with the ability to manage data in multiple databases
- Experience in CRM’s (Salesforce) and ERP’s (Netsuite, SAP, Oracle) is a plus
- Start-Up experience is a plus
- Microsoft Office/G-Suite experience required
An ideal candidate also has:
- Experience with working with different countries in North America, Europe, and Asia
- Demonstrated experience in simplifying complex information to team members and customers
- Maintains composure in high-pressure situations, and able to execute plans solo with strong judgement and quality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
We pay for performance, and top performers are eligible to receive above target equity refresh awards which allow employees to achieve higher market positioning.
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
Full time employees receive an above market total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.