At Samba TV, we are on a mission to fundamentally change television viewing for everyone. We are doing this by leveraging our data to enable advertisers to engage and measure TV viewers across all their devices. We have an amazing story with a unique perspective formed by innovative technology.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial Product leader who loves television to build and own our TV Viewership Data product suite, which creates currency grade viewership data in real-time from tens of millions of connected TVs across the globe. You will hire and lead a team of Product Managers working on AI/ML, big data, video/image processing, TV firmware embedded systems, and more.
You will bridge technical and business worlds, interfacing with every functional group within the company from engineers, data scientists and designers to business development and sales as you drive products from conception to launch. As the Director of Product Management for Viewership Data at Samba TV, you own the P&L of our Data as a Service (DaaS) product line and are the one who is ultimately responsible for the success or failure of the products you manage.
- Develop and execute the product strategy, go-to-market plans, positioning, pricing, messaging, metrics, P&L, TAM/SAM/SOM, and all elements related to the business case.
- Generate the most valuable set of viewership data that drives customer adoption, and revenue.
- Own the product roadmap for our Viewership Data product suite.
- Hire, onboard, coach, develop, and lead a team of all-star Product Managers.
- Define requirements, and work with engineering, data science, and design to implement and iterate.
- Manage the entire product lifecycle from conception to launch including: ideation, scope, specification, prioritization, design, implementation, quality assurance, launch, and iteration.
- Define and analyze metrics and KPIs that inform and ensure the success of your product(s).
- Understand and analyze customer needs. Integrate customer feedback, usage data, research and market analysis into product requirements to drive KPIs and product value.
- Negotiate deals with partners and vendors.
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, and Finance to provide the market context and key drivers that feed the revenue forecast and longer-term outlook.
- Serve as the key spokesperson for your product, delivering clear, compelling communications up and across Samba TV and outside the company.
- 8+ years of product management experience, ideally with big data, data science, media and advertising, and AI/ML.
- BA/BS or MS in Computer Science, Math, or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years experience managing a team of product management ICs.
- Resume with proven results, not just description of duties – we want to see metrics that display impact.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Distinctive problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills with the ability to evolve product strategy and tactics based on research, data and industry trends; attention to details.
- Demonstrated technical acumen; ability to influence and debate solutions with technical team members, to understand technology solutions and potential tradeoffs and to represent technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Experience designing simple and intuitive user interfaces – ability to create examples through wire frames and mock ups.
- Ability to build systems and processes to automate and scale manual operations.
- Excel ninja with strong modeling skills.
- Knowledgeable across multiple functional areas such as product management, engineering, UI, finance.
- You <3 TV!
- You code.
- Strong understanding of the TV, Media, Entertainment & Advertising Spaces
- Understanding of the technical architecture of complex and highly scalable systems
- Experience with Data Science and/or statistics
- Experience writing SQL queries for data analysis
- You thrive under pressure
- You are the hardest working person you know
- You are a coach and mentor with high standards who holds people accountable and has a track record of getting the best out of their people
- You are passionate about building great products that customers love, but you are willing to admit that you don’t have all the answers
- You are a self-starter and quick learner with entrepreneurial drive and appreciation of user-experience, business, and commercial issues
- You are just as comfortable analyzing massive amounts of data as you are writing requirements and designing user flows
- You’ve shipped products that customers love
- You are always up to date on the latest trends, successes, and failures
- You innately understand users even when they are nothing like you
- You back up your arguments up with data
- You believe strongly in your ideas, but are always willing to listen to others and make unbiased decisions because you ultimately want what’s best for the product.
- You have the ability to be both tactical and strategic moving seamlessly from developing high-level product strategy to optimizing conversion and everywhere in-between.
- You are a student of psychology able to break down problems to understand a user’s basic wants, needs, and desires
- You’re incredibly detail oriented, but are always focused on the big picture
- You are willing to get your hands dirty doing whatever is needed to make your product successful.
- You’ve never uttered the words “that’s not part of my job description”
- You have a bias toward action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development
Samba TV is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We strive to empower connection with one another, reflect the communities we serve, and tackle meaningful projects that make a real impact.