At Samba TV, we are on a mission to fundamentally change television viewing for everyone. We are doing this by leveraging our data to enable advertisers to engage and measure TV viewers across all their devices. We have an amazing story with a unique perspective formed by innovative technology.
In this role you will support business-critical tasks such as building new viewership data sets and putting them into production; improving current data sets using a combination of analytics, programming, and machine learning; and troubleshooting issues with a cross-functional team. The viewership data you produce is critical to building audiences and supporting campaign analytics that drives millions of dollars of ad spend.
What you bring to the table:
- 4+ years of professional experience as a data scientist or similar role
- An educational background in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, computer science, physics, or econometrics, or relevant professional experience
- Able to write understandable, replicable code to work with data
What you will do:
- You will leverage an extensive data processing toolkit to investigate and resolve pressing product concerns
- You are going to work closely with others within a cross-functional team in order to construct data pipelines and full-stack engineers to build data visualization tools
- Besides, you will work with product and design teams to prototype, plan, and build reporting and analytics tools as well as design new viewership heuristic and modelling methodologies to create impactful new data products
- You will have a chance to investigate the impact of changes in the ad-tech ecosystem
This job fits you best if:
- You enjoy turning vague and ambiguous problems into a clearly-defined sequence of steps
- Using probability, statistics, predictive modelling, machine learning, or other quantitative methodologies to solve real-world problems makes you excited
- You like explaining complex concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- You have strong communication and presentation skills
- Working with digital advertising data brings your interest
- Besides, you have proficiency in any coding language
- Most importantly, You enjoy leveraging a toolset including Python, Spark, SQL, Databricks, Periscope, and other technologies experienced in the above-mentioned areas
Samba TV is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We strive to empower connection with one another, reflect the communities we serve, and tackle meaningful projects that make a real impact.