At Samba TV, we are on a mission to fundamentally change television viewing for everyone. We are doing this by leveraging our data to enable advertisers to engage and measure TV viewers across all their devices. We have an amazing story with a unique perspective formed by innovative technology.
Samba TV, recognized by Inc. Magazine as one of the fast growing companies in the US and one of the "most interesting ad-tech upstarts of the year" by Business Insider, is seeking to hire a software engineer to join our company.
Samba TV is uniquely positioned at the forefront of the TV revolution. The way people discover, watch, and engage with television has fundamentally changed, and we're connecting the dots to help better understand audience trends and viewership habits for marketers.
The Data Engineering team is one of several teams in the Data Business Unit. Our team builds and maintains data pipelines and We are looking for someone passionate and motivated to make an impact in the design and architecture of Samba TV's data platform.
In this role, you will define, schedule, and monitor data pipelines with the objective of creating tools that improve development speed and increase visibility into the availability and properties of our growing collection of datasets. You will work closely alongside members of the Data Science and other teams, leveraging your data expertise to help improve data models and processing algorithms while closely observing the bottlenecks in the development process to gather feedback needed to further improve our data platform tools.
- Develop new data pipelines that support measurement of ad campaigns.
- Automate existing business processes and support visualization of key datasets.
- Analyze and improve the efficiency, scalability, and stability of data collection, storage, and retrieval processes for our core systems.
- Work with data scientists, data analysts and other business partners developing tools and frameworks to support self-service analytics.
- Improve observability and monitoring of production processes by instrumenting existing code and creating services that expose the state of pipeline jobs and datasets to internal consumers.
- Focus on the performance of individual jobs in our processing pipelines; understanding the algorithms that power them and the trade offs and bottlenecks that affect their runtime and resource consumption.
- Mentor members of other data teams that are eager to improve their software engineering skills; be a role model who exemplifies coding and software design best practices.
- 3+ years of industry experienceIntermediate to advanced knowledge of Python, or alternatively mastery of another modern programming language with the strong desire to become an advanced Pythonista.
- We are a distributed team working from Warsaw and San Francisco offices. Thus, you should have excellent communications skills, especially in written form.
- You should be comfortable working directly with Data Science and Analytics, and other internal consumers to bridge product requirements with Data Engineering.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to interpret and analyze data.
- Having a strong mathematical inclination is a major plus.
- Previous experience with Apache Spark or similar large-scale data processing frameworks is also a major plus.
- Python as our primary language.
- Amazon Web Services for compute and storage.
- Apache Spark as our primary processing engine.
- Jenkins and Airflow for workflow scheduling.
- Ansible and Terraform for configuration management.
- Databases: PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, InfluxDB.
Samba TV is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We strive to empower connection with one another, reflect the communities we serve, and tackle meaningful projects that make a real impact.