To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Products and Technology
Job Title: UI Engineer (Lead), Infrastructure Security
Job Category: Technology - Infrastructure Engineering
Location: India - Bangalore
Salesforce.com hosts web services and applications written by thousands of internal developers and tens of thousands of customers to provide the largest SaaS platform on the planet. The Infrastructure Security team is responsible for building software platforms that enhance the security posture of our production systems. We are looking for an enthusiastic and innovative front-end Engineer (level based on experience) to help build next-gen security web-applications
You will be developing web-based UI platforms to support the infrastructure used by hundreds of Salesforce’s infrastructure engineers to manage the security of the largest SaaS platform on the planet! We are looking to unleash your creative talent on our engineering platform and deliver a visually-rich experience for our security management frameworks. If you are excited by the opportunity to work with a world-class technical team and to deliver a state of the art web platform, then we want to talk with you and check out your portfolio.
Ideal candidates are experienced, hands-on engineers with a passion for creating intuitive user experiences. You will drive projects end-to-end, collaborate on product requirements with Product Managers, architect and implement technical solutions, and ensure continued success after deployment. You will lead and participate in design reviews and architecture discussions. You write pragmatic code and strive for simplicity, while bringing technical insights into how to refine and improve the system, ultimately ensuring performance, stability, and an exceptional end-user experience.
- Architect, design, and implement efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex workflows for the Security infrastructure platforms with a strong sense of ownership
- Develop intuitive user interface mockups and wireframes
- Contribute to the analysis of functional requirements
- Contribute to the evolution of the UI platforms while adhering to Agile practices
- Assist in defining user interfaces and software architectures, collaborate with backend leads to establish workflows and APIs
- Value team excellence over individual productivity
- Have a commitment to quality and writing clean, solid, readable code that scales and performs well
- Analyze, design and develop test cases and implement automated test suites
- Motivate and champion a strong team culture
- 8+ years of related experience, including 3+ years experience in a high-availability 24/7 environment (cloud platforms are a plus)
- Proven and demonstrable track record of being an elite performer in your current and past roles
- Collaborating on technical designs and documentation with other engineers on the team and cross-functional teams.
- Excellent understanding of accessibility, usability and visual design principles
- Significant experience in optimizing web UI browser performance and knowledge of tools like React Dev Tools, Google Lighthouse
- Strong experience in XML, DOM, JSON, AJAX, REST and other W3C standards
- Experience integrating with backend services (including databases), overseeing full-stack development requirements and solutions, including REST API design.
- Understanding of build and deployment automation tools like Webpack, Jenkins.
- Strong knowledge in writing Automated Test Suites using frameworks like Cypress, Jest, Mocha, Selenium
- Experience with full-stack software development and working knowledge of data stores and data model design is a PLUS.
- Working knowledge of at least one wire-framing or mockup development tools like Figma, Invision, Sketch, Balsamiq is a PLUS.
- M.Sc/M.Eng in Computer Science/Engineering or B.A/B.Sc. in same disciplines with the equivalent years of experience
- Experience building enterprise and/or workflow applications, especially security-related
- Cloud infrastructure experience in SaaS, PaaS, or IaaS
- Passion for keeping current on trends related to frontend architectures, performance techniques, accessibility, security and web design/user experience
- Comfortable working on a team that experiments with its processes and practices as well as evolving them when necessary
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and the world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” five years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.
Back to top