Technical / Program Architects, Salesforce Customer Success Group EMEA
When applying internally, please keep your search tailored and consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles at any given time to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Customer Success Group
Job Details Job Details
Technical / Program Architects, Salesforce Customer Success Group EMEA
Salesforce CSG (Customer Success Group) are a team of trusted advisers, partners, and experts crucial to the success of our customers. We help customers unleash the full power of Salesforce, find and implement technical solutions, and provide guidance on how to build new products for our clients’ needs.
Our EMEA team is growing and we are looking for architects to join us across multiple countries. We hire into two distinct roles, each working with and adding value to customers in different ways.
We can consider your application for both opportunities and advise you on what may be more suitable and best for you.
Technical Architects, part of our EMEA Delivery Business
Technical Architects collaborate with our customers and partners during project planning and implementation to share their comprehensive knowledge of the Salesforce platform and product suite. Combined with their previous experience in technical architecture, enterprise integration, and business solution implementation, they directly drive toward the best possible business solutions that meet and exceed our customers' needs. They paint a solution vision, architect both the system and the implementation approach, and then watch it change the status quo.
· Lead the evaluation of business and technical requirements; review and guide project vision and direction, implementation approach and key artifacts; direct early solution evaluation around gaps/risks, including the pro-active management of issues and effective engagement with executives, the Account Team, Engineering, and Product Management
· Direct and mentor diverse teams of resources in technical delivery aspects (customer, partner, colleagues), especially where the TSA does not have direct authority over all resources and must carefully consider communication strategies, executive influence, differing or conflicting goals, and other similar non-technical challenges
· Identify and lead or contribute to internal strategic initiatives to grow the consulting practice and IP/toolsets, Strategic Services brand, and teammates' skill sets
· Build relationships with business partners, internal and external; contribute to broader goals and growth beyond the scope of a single or your current project
Experience/Skills Required :
· Extensive hands-on technical consulting and solution implementation experience, including with one or more common enterprise software solutions (e.g. CRM, ERP), demonstrating positions of increasing responsibility and management/mentoring of more junior technical resources; experience with Waterfall and/or Agile implementation methodologies
· Proven ability to analyze, design, and optimize business processes via technology and integration, including leadership in guiding customers and colleagues in rationalizing and deploying emerging technology for business use cases
· A thorough understanding of web services, data modeling, and enterprise application integration concepts, including experience with enterprise integration tools (ESBs and/or ETL tools), and common integration design patterns with enterprise systems (e.g. CMS, ERP, HRIS, DWH/DM)
· Demonstrably excellent, context-specific and adaptive communication and presentation skills across a variety of audiences and situations; established habit of proactive thinking and behavior and the desire and ability to self-start/learn and apply new technologies
Program Architect, part of our EMEA Advisory Business
Program Architects play a critical role within Salesforce Services, serving as a strategic advisor and Salesforce product and platform expert to the company’s largest, most complex enterprise customers.They will typically work with one customer at a time, engaging at C-level and driving conversations with our customer’s enterprise architects and business stakeholders armed with best practices for enterprise architecture functions such as security, performance, development process, and application governance.
· Advise and mentor diverse teams, which include customer and partner resources in technical and functional delivery aspects at a program level, using influence and adaptive communication strategies in scenarios where Senior Architect does not have direct authority over all resources.
· Contribute to a program vision while advising and articulating program/project strategies on enabling technologies
· Provide guidance on application and integration development best practices, Enterprise Architecture standards, functional and technical solution architecture & design, environment management, testing, and Platform education
· Drive the creation of application and technical design documents which leverage best practices and effectively integrateSalesforceinto the customer’s infrastructure
· Troubleshoot key customer implementation issues and demonstrate ability to drive to successful resolution. Lead the evaluation of business and technical requirements from a senior level
· Review and correcting project/program direction, approach and key artifacts to keep programs on track and solutions extendable and maintainable going forward
· Identification and pro-active management of risk areas and commitment to seeing an issue through to complete resolution
· Manage customer expectations; negotiate solutions to complex problems with both the customer and third-party partners
· Build relationships with business partners, internal and external, and contributing to broader goals and growth beyond the scope of a single customer engagement
Experience/Skills Required :
· Extensiveenterprise consulting experience, including implementation experience with one or more common enterprise software solutions (e.g. CRM, ERP), filling positions of increasing responsibility and management of more junior technical resources
· Experience as a Senior Architect and/or CTO in a mid to large sized organization with demonstrated leadership driving an organizational transformation in a matrixed organization.
· Experience with key areas of enterprise architecture, including integration technologies, single sign on, and master data management
· Ability to work independently and be a self-starter. Proven results leading and overseeing customer and/or partner success stories in the following domains: front- and back-end solution architecture, development and release management strategies, change management, and direct leadership in designing solutions that meet or exceed customer needs.
· Proven ability to analyze, design, and optimize business processes via technology and integration
· Please note our CSG business is a consulting organisation largely working onsite with our customers. Depending on your location, business needs and customer expectations, the need for travel can vary substantially
· We can in certain circumstances consider applicants without local language skills, but is our strong preference to hire employees speaking business level local language(s) and English
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" five years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
PASSION: Passionate about Customer Success
BEGINNERS MIND: Always learning; approaches each interaction with open mind; great listener and hands-on
LEADERSHIP: Self-aware and strategic thinker; proficient at building strong relationships
COMMUNICATOR: Speaks and writes with clarity, brevity, and purpose; explains area of expertise clearly and confidently to others; influences and engages C-Level with authority and confidence
STORYTELLER: Confidently and effectively facilitates and presents; ably defends point-of-view; keeps audiences engaged and delivers a clear and memorable message
TEAM PLAYER: Proficient at collaboration and working with members of a team
URGENCY: Ability to move fast and drive business value and results
OHANA: Embodies Aloha culture; a team player that everyone enjoys working with and has a generous heart
TRUST: Trusts the company’s core values; shows integrity, transparency, and reliability
ADAPTABLE: Excels in high levels of uncertainty and change
COMMUNITY CHAMPION: Leads internal initiatives; actively contributes to the Community’s knowledge and resource base
Accommodations - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Back to top