To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Sales
Salesforce is currently seeking an experienced pre-sales Cloud Architect who will be our specialist at applying broad technical skills with deep industry knowledge and an eye for business to support our sales team in developing Salesforce value propositions that align with our customers’ business strategies on digital transformation and cloud adoption.
You will be a consultative domain specialist in one or more categories such as business strategy, application architecture, data & information, integration, security, cloud computing, technology, distributed platforms, mobile, and analytics. You will discover which Salesforce and third-party technologies to use in customer-driven architectures, based upon product and industry knowledge, enterprise architecture frameworks and methodologies.
- Responsible for business planning and strategy such as demonstrating Salesforce technology infrastructure, including demonstrating deep familiarity with company's platform capabilities, hosting infrastructure, security and integration capabilities
- Building strong partner management at the CIO/CTO/EA level and their teams as they look to move their business to a cloud architecture
- Understand the customer need and establish the company's product as the best solution that addresses the technical and business requirements
- Conduct architecture and technical workshops that may include enablement sessions
- Lead customer technical due diligence and risk management processes
- Leads key discussions and considerations around change programs from both a business and technical perspective
- Develop and execute internal and external programs and initiatives by working closely with other elements of the Salesforce organization
- Assist sales teams in responses to RFPs and technical requirements documents
- Participate in all appropriate product, sales, and procedural training and certification to acquire and maintain the knowledge necessary to be effective in the position
- Mentor and guide more junior technical resources
- Strong technical background in solution architecture / technical architecture / software/systems engineering / cloud computing / governance and SDLC
- Experienced in either software, system or enterprise architecture subject areas
- Experienced in architectural principles of cloud-based platforms including SaaS, PaaS, multi-tenancy, multi-tiered infrastructure, etc.
- Knowledgeable in all cloud offerings in the market and ability to discuss cloud architectures
- Strong understanding of enterprise application integration, including SOA, ESB, EAI, ETL environments as well as common EA topics such as process orchestration, BPM, CEP, MDM, BI/BA, etc.
- A good grasp of the security processes, standards & issues involved in multi-tier cloud or hybrid applications
- Familiar with principles of network, application and information security
Desirable (but not a must):
- Previous practitioner and/or implementation experience of Salesforce solutions or relevant solutions
- Familiar with relevant (regional, vertical, etc.) data privacy and compliance requirements
- Familiar with solution selling
- Experience with architectural frameworks such as TOGAF, Zachman, etc.
- Familiar with design thinking and similar principles
Diversity & Inclusion
Equality is a core tenet of how we run our business, and we believe that equality and diversity make us a better company and community. We respect and value employees from every background, and we thrive as a result. We believe that businesses are the greatest platform for change, and all businesses have the opportunity to be a platform for change. We are committed to making an impact on our community.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form .
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.