To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Customer Success Group
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, the World’s Most Innovative Company according to Forbes, and one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For six years running. The growth, innovation, and Aloha spirit of Salesforce are driven by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering success for our customers while also finding time to give back through our 1-1-1 model, which leverages 1% of our time, equity, and product to improve communities around the world. Salesforce is a team sport, and we play to win. Join us!
The Global Support team is looking for a driven and detail-oriented Technical Account Manager (TAM). You will have responsibility for a small number of assigned accounts, maintaining a single-minded focus to ensure that some of our largest and most strategic customers are extracting the most value out of their Salesforce investment.
The TAM will have a track record of being customer-focused and in translating complex, technical issues into tangible solutions. Collaborating with customers on technical issues while demonstrating a comprehensive knowledge of the Salesforce platform is a primary responsibility of the role. The TAM will also forge relationships with customers while developing a deep technical understanding of their Salesforce implementation, sharing technical best practices, acting as their point-of-contact for any major incidents, and managing the customer’s expectations through the resolution of such incidents in partnership with other teams across Worldwide Support, R&D, and Support Operations.
The ideal TAM is a team player, enjoys working hard, exhibits professionalism, has excellent collaboration skills, uses their time effectively, is able to learn new technologies quickly, and is dedicated to meeting and exceeding expectations and building relationships. In some circumstances, the TAM may travel to customer sites once COVID safety permits such travel, and may need to be available for some after-hours or weekend coverage depending on the customer’s needs.
- Develop relationships with key business and IT stakeholders and become an expert on a customer’s implementation by understanding their top business goals and priorities
- Manage the triage and resolution of high-severity cases, ensuring a prompt and complete resolution, and driving business reliability and customer satisfaction. Issue regular, executive-level summary status reports both internally and to the customer
- Provide proactive support such as preparing and presenting trending graphs/reports, leveraging the Signature Support Technical team for deeper analysis, engaging with customer’s account team to understand their technology road map, providing recommendations and best practices to minimise potential service disruptions, etc
- Advocate for customer’s priorities internally within Salesforce while proactively working with the Salesforce R&D and Infrastructure teams on escalated technical issues, product roadmap changes, new feature requests, technical hurdles, etc
- Understand and document how the customer uses our technology, helping to ensure the larger Signature Support Technical team has the appropriate level of customer knowledge to increase understanding and familiarity while resolving cases
- Serve as a Trusted Advisor. Drive conversations with our customer's key business stakeholders armed with best practices for enterprise architecture functions such as Security, Performance, Development Process, Release Management and Application Governance
- Help customers achieve their business goals and outcomes by providing timely, proactive recommendations that will benefit customers’ ongoing usage of Salesforce
- Act as single point of contact for all Support-related post-sales activities (pre-implementation through steady state and renewal), managing highly visible, global, and strategic enterprise accounts and orchestrating all Salesforce teams’ efforts to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction
- Prepare and deliver quarterly business reviews with strategic customer stakeholders for your assigned accounts; complete with KPIs, 90-day plans, and guidance on Salesforce and Success Plan adoption and utilisation trends
- Contribute and collaborate internally with the Salesforce team, share knowledge and best practices with team members, contribute to internal projects and initiatives, and serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for specific technical or process areas
- Identify key industry business process areas for opportunity to use the Salesforce platform
- Advocate for innovation and early adoption of platform capabilities with our three-release yearly schedule through customised release reviews
- Lead Code/Performance Reviews and provide relevant technical recommendations on solutions and enhancements specifics to customers’ business needs
- Proactively notify customers of technology changes or potential service disruption or degradation and advise on mitigation strategies
- Play a key role in Product and Technical Red Account management and resolution
- Collaborate with internal teams to mitigate renewal risks for both license and success plans subscriptions
- Recommend and demo appropriate Salesforce capabilities/functionality not currently being used by customer
- Drive follow-up of technical Accelerator recommendations
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Relevant work experience in one or more of the following: Enterprise Architecture, Technology Consulting, Customer Success, Technology Solutions Development, Technical and/or Solutions Architecture
- Experience in dealing with large, complex, distributed systems scale business
- Comfortable in dealing with IT systems that support end to end business processes across the customers’ value chain
- Large scale implementation experience with complex solutions environments
- Navigate, escalate and lead efforts on complex customer requests or projects involving multiple parties and enterprise systems
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present, and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organisation, internally and with the customer
- Ability to effectively prioritise and escalate customer issues as required, multi-task, and perform effectively under pressure
- Aptitude for both analysing technical concepts and translating them into business terms, and for mapping business requirements into technical features
- Strong knowledge of business processes (Sales, Service, Marketing, Support) business applications and automation
- Understanding of database, application and network technologies used in Cloud Computing (i.e. knowledge of network topologies and devices, database concepts and SQL, multi-tenancy), and internet technologies (i.e firewalls, web servers, web proxy servers)
- Knowledge of the software development process and of software design methodologies (coding experience useful, but not required)
- Demonstrated analysis, problem solving, and troubleshooting expertise
- Salesforce product certifications are a plus (Administrator, Advanced Administrator, Platform App Builder, Service Cloud Consultant, Sales Cloud Consultant)
- Enterprise Architecture Experience is a plus
- Deep technical knowledge and implementation experience with software development patterns (MCV, N-Tiered)
- Deep technical knowledge of Salesforce products and features, capabilities, best use and how to deploy, including knowledge of the Salesforce platform and ecosystem
- Knowledge of Salesforce multi-org implementation best practices and strategies
- Experience defining and delivering custom Force.com enterprise applications in a technical and/or functional leadership role
- Second language is a benefit
- CRM domain knowledge
- Previous experience with Salesforce.com CRM and its technologies
- Familiarity of Object-Oriented design and core programming concepts
- Familiarity of XML, preferably experience using server-to-server web services (SOAP)
- Calm, organized, positive attitude and ability to coordinate response to incident resolution
- Results-driven, tenacious, drive to succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to change
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form .
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.