To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Products and Technology
As part of the Finance and Strategy (F&S) Operations team, the Tableau Business Intelligence Senior Analyst will be responsible for developing and delivering various dashboards within F&S. This role will maintain in-depth knowledge of Tableau as a visualization tool and new features as they become available. The analyst will engage in the development of highly critical Tableau dashboards and migration of existing Tableau CRM dashboards to Tableau Dashboards used as a part of quarterly process called APM. In this role, you will work on strategic and high impact projects with various business stakeholders, including high visibility to executive leadership.
- Build UI/UX prototype or Mock ups for dashboards using tool like InVisionapp, etc to create curiosity and better engagement with end users
- Develop advanced data visualizations using Tableau and Tableau Mobile best practices to effectively solve business problems
- Analyze/curate large volumes of data using various tools like Tableau Prep, Alteryx, SQL, etc.
- Design, build and maintain dashboards in Tableau and Tableau CRM (formally called Einstein Analytics)
- Develop and own validation processes to ensure data accuracy across various dashboards
- Resolve issues and bug fixes as part of the validation process and maintain the new feature request roadmap
- Provide recommendations for reporting improvements and build proof-of-concept processes utilizing best practices for SFDC and data management.
- Build dashboard tutorials, document process flows, best practices, and requirements of various use cases in a way that can be understood by technical and business stakeholders.
- Manage row level security, access and performance aspect of the Tableau dashboard
- Support ad-hoc dashboard and data requests to provide insights to various teams
- Work with the Finance teams to research data issues, data validation and sign-offs
- Build Develop and provide training on new and existing dashboards to various business units
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Information Systems, or similar. Will also consider other degrees with relevant experience.
- 4+ years of experience building visualization in Tableau required
- 3+ years of experience in Business Intelligence/Analytics required
- Tableau Certification a plus (Tableau Desktop: Certified Professional, Certified Associate, Specialist)
- Solid experience with Tableau Prep, Tableau security/row-level security and dashboard performance tuning
- Passion for visualization, reporting, and documentation
- Knowledge of data warehouse concepts, ETL, Datamart and reporting systems required (i.e., Business Objects)
- Experience managing wider-set of stakeholders
- Communicates in a clear, concise, and timely manner and operates effectively as a team player
- Intermediate level of experience with databases and writing SQL (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, etc.. )
- Solid organizational skills, including attention to details
- Must be comfortable with changing requirements and priorities
- Strong research and problem-solving abilities are required.
- Team player/ team first mindset, comfortable working with cross-functional stakeholders
- Resourceful with a strong work ethic and are willing to go the extra mile to get work done. Must be results-oriented and able to move forward without complete information
Desired Skillset and Experience
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets (VBA, Google scripts a plus)
- Knowledge of Python, R, etc (not required)
- Ability to quickly understand technical subjects and learn new emerging technologies
- High level of confidence and comfort in working autonomously without constant supervision (self-starter, strong initiative, fast learner)
- Consulting experience a plus
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form .
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.