Sr. Success Engineer - Commerce Cloud
- Burlington, MA
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Customer Success Group
Must be local or within the Burlington, Massachusettes area
Salesforce B2C Commerce is a leading provider of software-as-a-service (SaaS) ecommerce solutions that enable companies to easily design, implement and manage their own customized ecommerce sites, including websites, mobile applications and other digital storefronts. Customers use our highly scalable and integrated B2C Commerce Cloud platform to more easily launch and manage multiple ecommerce sites, initiate marketing campaigns more quickly, and improve ecommerce traffic.
The Salesforce B2C Commerce Premier Priority Support Engineer is a customer-focused expert and is responsible for executing and delivering on Salesforce's Premier Priority Support program offering to our most strategic named accounts. The team provides the highest level of support, availability, and expertise to some of our largest and most strategic accounts. This responsibility includes developing a strong partnership across Worldwide Support, R&D, and our Support Operations team. As a member of Premier Priority Support team, the Premier Priority Support Engineer is technically competent, business oriented and highly customer centric.
The ideal Salesforce B2C Commerce Premier Priority Support Engineer is a team player, enjoys working hard, exhibits professionalism, is dedicated to meeting and exceeding expectations, has excellent problem solving skills, is able to learn new technologies quickly and uses their time efficiently.
As a Premier Priority Support Engineer, you’ll be part of a team of problem solvers who are passionate about working in a fast-paced, highly dynamic, client-centric environment.
- Responsible for providing product support to customers of the Salesforce B2C Commerce platform.
- Drive and own complex, high-profile, customer technical escalations
- Master and become a technical subject matter expert for one or more products/platform areas within the Support organization
- Conduct thorough and complete triage of product defects before assignment to product scrum teams
- Diagnose performance and scalability issues using code-debugging tools and various diagnostic/monitoring tools (Grafana, AppDynamics, Argus, Splunk, etc)
- Support and contribute to the growth of best practices for delivery of Salesforce B2C Commerce Premier Priority support services.
- Understand Salesforce B2C Commerce technologies and troubleshooting practices to ensure successful resolution of Salesforce B2C Commerce product issues.
- Mentor, guide, and help grow a team of junior engineers, assist with process and product questions.Serve as product enablement team leader for various product features
- Contribute to the definition and evolution of Salesforce B2C Commerce methodologies, standards and best practices for support and product delivery
- Represent the Support organization during cross-functional projects and serve as voice of customer advocate
- Review, build and expand a Knowledge Base
- May require work outside of normal business hours, holidays, and some weekends as this role is an on-call position
- 5-7 years of prior experience in application support role, providing customer facing product/technical support (Web based products or eCommerce preferred)
- Passion for delivering outstanding customer experience
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate to both highly technical and business / executive level
- Action oriented with strong organizational, analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Highly adaptable, fast learner, and resourceful
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally on a global scale
- Ability to work self-sufficiently and drive client and partner engagements to success without supervision
- Strong understanding of web based server-side technologies; including full-stack troubleshooting across Application, Web, and Database layers
- Experience providing web development support is highly desirable. Familiarity with development IDE’s such as Eclipse.
- Familiarity with support practices such as case, knowledge base, defect, and escalation management.
- Good understanding of enterprise network infrastructure, i.e, DNS, Load Balancers, IP addressing, Routing, and CDN
- College degree in Computer Science or related field of study strongly preferred
Ideal candidates will have strong experience in several of the following:
- Debugging Java code in enterprise environments
- Analyzing Java heap and thread dumps
- Analyzing network traces (wireshark, tcpdump)
- Performance and scalability analysis (profiling techniques, identifying software/platform bottlenecks)
- SQL and NoSQL in concept and practice
- Experience providing web-development, SaaS/PaaS/cloud, or API support
- Experience supporting e-commerce applications with catalog, shopping cart, merchandising and payment handling is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with one or more current client-side web frameworks (AngularJS, React, Ember, Backbone)
- Bonus for vendor-specific knowledge in the following ecommerce suites and related technologies:
- Salesforce B2C Commerce (former: Commerce Cloud / Demandware), Adobe, and Oracle eCommerce
- MongoDB, Apache, Oracle, Tomcat, nginx, AppDynamics, and/or Cloudflare
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Back to top