Sr. Manager Data Engineering
- Hyderabad, India
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Products and Technology
Job Details Job Details
Salesforce is embarking on our own Digital Transformation to deliver customer success for our customers and accelerate our growth. A key pillar of this transformation is building a strong data foundation to support all of our core marketing needs through intelligent data sets as a service.
We’re looking for an experienced and committed data engineering leader who would own and deliver Salesforce Marketing’s data foundation and datasets. This leader will work closely with product management, data science, data visualization, and analyst teams to support them by building data architecture and data pipelines.
The right candidate will have strong data infrastructure and data architecture skills, a proven track record of leading and scaling data teams, strong operational skills to drive efficiency and speed, expertise building repeatable data engineering processes, strong project management skills, and a vision for how to deliver data products. Experience with marketing and sales data sets is a huge plus.
- Help drive vision and strategy for marketing’s business intelligence and data warehousing products. Define and deliver per the vision and strategy.
- Own part of Marketing data platforms which includes the Google Cloud stack, Amazon Web services, and traditional data warehouses such as Oracle.
- Manage aspects of dataset design, creation, and curation; including the frameworks to derive metrics to deliver data products for KPI’s, visualization, data science, analyst and stakeholder teams
- Build and own the automation and monitoring frameworks that showcase reliable, accurate, easy-to-understand metrics and operational KPIs to stakeholders for data pipeline quality and performance.
- Drive design, building, and launching of new data models and data pipelines in production systems
- Manage relationships and work with IT and other data teams(Sales, Finance and Product Data teams) across Salesforce to deliver data products.
- Drive data innovation for all internal use cases, pushing the envelope on scalability and technology ensembles to leverage best of breed (internal, open source, and external vendor technology).
- Foster strong collaboration between globally distributed team members
- Manage a team of engineers to deliver stable data architecture and various data products.
- BS/MS degree, or equivalent, in Computer Science, Business Information Systems, Engineering, or a closely related discipline.
- 10+ years of Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing experience. Plus experience in cloud data systems such as Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Expert knowledge of data modeling techniques and high-volume ETL/ELT design. Direct experience with modeling software (e.g. PowerDesigner, ERwin).
- Strong SQL optimization and performance tuning experience in a high volume data environment that utilizes parallel processing. GCP platform experience a plus.
- Experience with scripting languages like Python, Perl, etc
- Leadership experience hiring and mentoring top talent in Data Engineering. Experience managing and working with globally distributed teams a big plus.
- Highly experienced with Big Data Fabric tools like Talend/Informatica.
- Experience with version control systems (Github, Subversion) and deployment & CI tools.
- Familiarity with business intelligence tools (such as Tableau).
- Understanding of data governance practices such as metadata management, data lineage, and data glossaries a huge plus. Salesforce has a central DMM (Data Management Maturity) standards and practice group this leader will need to partner with for end success.
- Hands-on Salesforce.com knowledge of products and functionalities a plus.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Effective presentation skills required to drive strategic discussions at various levels in the organization.
- Experience working with globally distributed engineering teams preferred.
- Experience with Sales and Marketing data is a huge plus
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.
Back to top