To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Sales
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's no. 1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: A technology model in cloud computing, a pay as you go business model, and an integrated corporate philanthropy model, also known as the 1-1-1 model, where we give 1% of our technology, 1 % of our time, and 1% of our resources back to our communities.
Our culture is based on the concept of Ohana, which means family in Hawaiian. In the #SalesforceOhana culture, Innovation, Customer Success, and Giving Back are the core values that make our work meaningful, but just as important as WHAT our team does together is HOW we work together. This means we also value Trust, Transparency, Equality for All, Wellness and Fun. These are the values that unite us, inspire us, and make us uniquely Salesforce.
As part of the Salesforce Public Sector business unit, we provide PaaS and SaaS cloud solutions Central and Local government, Health and Social Services, Military and ‘Blue Light’ and Transport customers.
We’re looking for exceptional candidates to join the ‘Solution Engineering’ team. The Solution Engineer is sales consultant responsible for presenting product offerings and solutions in the best light to prospects and customers to best meet their business objectives. Our Solution Engineers are able to to take complex business solutions and pieces of technology and explain them in a simple and easy to understand way.
Achieving this requires us to gain the customer’s confidence in our company’s leadership in front office solutions and the associated technical infrastructure, as well as, removing any technical objections during the sales cycle. To accomplish this, the Solution Engineer has a strong desire to leverage their technical and/or sales skills, including the skill set to discover business requirements, develop a technical sales strategy, configure and demonstrate the solutions that address these requirements and provide business value.
The role is both a business and technical - it is as important to understand the customers requirements and the use cases that they have as it is to understand how our solutions meet these. Candidates must be able to work rapidly in a consultative and collaborative way with customers to discover their business need and then be able to present back, often with a solution demonstration of how salesforce meets these needs and goes further still to add our Wow! factor.
Prior experience with Customer Relationship Management technology or similar and enterprise of solution selling in a customer-facing role is highly desirable.
If you believe you have these abilities and skills, we want to talk to you.
- Understand customer goals and challenges and map those back to the Salesforce product portfolio
- Design, build, and demonstrate unique and innovative solutions to address these challenges
- Present Salesforce technology infrastructure, including demonstrating deep familiarity with the PaaS and SaaS stack
- Participate in all appropriate product, sales, technical training and certifications to acquire and maintain the knowledge necessary to be effective in the position
- Attain quarterly and annual objectives defined collaboratively with management
- Respond effectively to RFIs/RFPs
- Active participation in a fast-paced high-energy market segment and balance multiple projects in a team-selling environment
- Proven experience as a solution/sales engineer for a CRM company or similar technology
- Demonstrated leadership and mentorship skills
- Knowledge of related applications, relational database, web technology, and cyber-security
- Analytical skills to create the winning solution
- Solid oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills - ability to create and perform demonstrations of our solutions
- Ability to work as part of a network of cross-functional teams to solve technical problems
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form .
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.