Solution Architect - Marketing Cloud
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Customer Success Group
Role: Solution Architect - Marketing Cloud (Italian&English speaker)
The Marketing Cloud Solution Architect is a key member of the Salesforce Marketing Cloud Customer success’s team. While the architects can be more technical of nature or more oriented towards requirements gathering (Solutions), a Solution Architect is always involved with the design and delivery of solutions and technologies that meet client business goals and technical requirements. The SA is responsible for leading the design and delivery of solutions on the Salesforce Marketing Cloud. To meet Customers’ business goals the Solution Architect is working with Marketing Cloud Technical Architect and Project manager to ensure on-time and fully functioning Marketing Cloud integrations and enhancements.
The ideal candidate will have a Salesforce Marketing Cloud Services, or related Partner / Consultancy background. The ideal candidate should be known to work independently, thrive in an entrepreneurial atmosphere, communicates tactfully, work with business operations, and effectively design, test, and deploy software solutions. A successful SA has strong development experience and enjoys developing technical solutions. Must be an excellent communicator who can tailor their delivery to a variety of audience and communicate both in English and Italian fluently.
- Ability to create a solution based on client requirements (e.g. data flows, journeys, etc.)
-Lead inter-team meetings on the technical and business challenges related to customer Marketing Operations initiatives.
- Understand and map Business Processes & Challenges into our technical product suite, ensuring scalable, secure, comprehensive solution designs.
- Clearly and articulately document solutions (incl. artefacts like code samples, screenshots, etc.)
- Present high-level overviews of the Salesforce Marketing Cloud architecture and integration capabilities
- Design and then work with Technical Architects (TA) to implement and test solutions to our operational needs and challenges.
- Identify project issues/risks and present alternatives to alleviate or resolve
- Conduct solutions testing and validation
- Travel to client sites for onsite discovery and solutions presentations. Not expected to exceed 25% - 50% throughout the year, but differs per engagement.
- Create, manage and present an actionable BRD/FSD (Blueprint) that aligns a client’s business needs to that of the Salesforce Marketing Cloud solutions
- Managing multiple client engagements and work with associated team members
- Lead consultative engagements with clients on the technical and business challenges related to their digital marketing initiatives
- Document solutions and engineering flowcharts with great attention to detail
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent strategic & technical thinking. Highly organised and detail-oriented.
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills, able to present complex concepts effectively at both the tactical and strategic/executive levels.
- Highly efficient team player, with the ability to also work independently in a fast-paced, fluid environment.
- Comfort working in and with a highly distributed team and organization.
- Expert knowledge in Marketing Cloud advanced implementations, with 2+ years direct experience in the platform.
- Proven track record of working with multi-stakeholder teams, specifically IT, M&A, Infrastructure / Security, Sales / Business Operations.
- Familiarity with data architecture/schema, including relational data models and sql syntax, documentation of data models, and data flows.
- Familiarity with Network Protocols and Services (DNS, HTTP, HTTPS), APIs (SMC, CRM, SOAP/REST), object-oriented programming and design with .NET, Java, and/or PHP is preferred
- Familiarity with systems integrations such as CRM, Content Management, POS/Commerce, or Web Analytics preferred
- Must be highly proficient in Google Docs, MS Office Suite, Quip collaboration
Preference will be given to applicants with one or more of the following:
- Focus - Solution architecture/design experience within SaaS, CRM, MAP (Marketing Automation Platform) is strongly preferred, specifically projects within the Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Certifications - Marketing Cloud certifications strongly preferred (Marketing Cloud Email Specialist, Marketing Cloud Consultant). Similar certifications against other MAPs a plus (IBM/Unica, SAS, Adobe, Oracle, Teradata)
- Technology - Marketing Cloud focus in Automation Studio, Journey Builder, Interaction Studio. Related experience with CRM (Salesforce / Sales Cloud) Integration tools (JBINT, Data Stream, MCConnector) a plus.
- Education - We prefer a Bachelor's degree in business or computer science or relevant experience.
- Adaptability - Expect most of your efforts to be scrappy as we scale and evolve our team.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Back to top