Software Engineering- PMTS/LMTS (Backend Distributed Systems)
- Hyderabad, India
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Products and Technology
We are building out our Infrastructure Scale Engineering team to design and develop the next generation of large scale distributed data platforms at Salesforce.
Do the points below get you excited about the role? Come and join us at Salesforce!
Eat, sleep and breathe large scale distributed systems and data platforms Working with HBase, Phoenix, HDFS, Yarn, Kafka, Spark, or equivalent large scale distributed systems technologies. Building reliable, self-healing services on unreliable hardware. Designing, developing, and operating resilient distributed systems that run across thousands of compute nodes in datacenters around the globe. Strong, heartfelt opinions on CAP theorem, sketching out different consistency models on a single napkin and defend each of them. You don’t just use open source projects, but are motivated to contribute to them. Responsibilities:
- Develop high-quality, production ready code that can be used by millions of users of our cloud platform.
- Make design decisions on the basis of performance, scalability, and future expansion.
- Take responsibility for your code and features right from working with product management all the way through to deployment and thereafter.
- 10+ years extensive programming experience in Java and/or C++ / C# in a Linux/UNIX data center environment
- Excellent knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, software design and coding.
- Strong large scale multi threaded application, socket programming, designing and building infrastructure or services at a large scale.
- Commitment to proper software engineering -- testing, documentation, code reviews
- Ability to take a problem, analyze, design, educate team members on it and work with them to solve the problem with high quality and on time.
- Experience with large systems software design and development, with extensive knowledge of UNIX/Linux
- Work closely with cross-functional teams across geographies.
- B.S./BE/Btech or MS/Mtech in Computer Science or related discipline is required.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Back to top