Software Engineering MTS
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Products and Technology
What you’ll be doing…
You will design and develop enterprise software for a next-generation Visual Analytics and Collaboration suite. As a backend service developer, you will be working on a Java-based platform on which we build server-based applications. The server platform is the foundation that allows businesses to analyze large datasets interactively and allows people who are passionate about data to bring their interactive data views to life. You will be able to take on a variety of projects, from building a high-performance backend to a web-based analytics tool, to building robust and highly available clustered services, to extending the abilities of people to collaborate on data at intranet and Internet scales. You will do this and more in a highly collaborative environment full of talented professionals who are dedicated to helping people “see and understand their data.”
- Experience with some combination of Java, C# or other object oriented languages
- Comfortable with programming for concurrency
- Experience with relational databases and SQL.
- Look beyond your assigned work for chances to "make things right"
- When placed on a small team, other team members soon look to you for technical advice and direction
- Able to ramp up quickly on a new codebase
- Able to take a vague requirement, interact with the requester to clarify it, turn that into a solid design, and turn the design into reality
- Been there, done that, made the mistakes, and are determined not to make the same ones again---or to allow others to.
- Experience with the complete software development lifecycle
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively in a professional environment, and to build a consensus within and across teams
Who you are…
- Experienced .Building commercial software and a passion for solving complex problems. You have solid development skills with object-oriented languages (Java, C#) and preferably web technologies and development tools as well. Experience developing scalable services using open source or contributions toward open source projects are a plus. A former test development background or are a current test development engineer role are also a plus.
- Relentlessly High Standards. You believe in automation and writing tests for your own code as a way of maintaining high quality in your products.
- A True Team Player. You enjoy collaborating, learning from or teaching others so we can all become better developers.
- Technically Savvy. You understand what it takes to write software that is used by thousands or millions of people – things that are robust, scalable, and that perform well.
- Customer Advocate.You understand customer requirements and prioritize for maximum customer / user experience.
- You are a Recruiter!Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.
Back to top