Software Engineer- Central Performance Workloads
- Bengaluru, India
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Products and Technology
Job Details Job Category
Products and Technology
Central Performance Workloads team is hiring Senior Engineer/Lead Engineer/Principal Engineer/Architect (grade level is flexible based on experience and skills) who are passionate about solving performance and scalability challenges of cloud applications.
Central Performance Workloads (CPW) is a strong development engineering team at Salesforce with deep understanding of its system architecture, usage patterns & traffic; and use this knowledge to drive synthetic transactions for performance and scale insights. The CPW team analyzes complicated performance and scale challenges by developing various test models to simulate production traffic and to project growth.
This is a great opportunity for engineers who are seeking to build & grow their career in performance engineering as well as to develop scale insights on complex cloud applications. In this role, they will get software development opportunity on contemporary languages such as Go, Kotlin programming on Kubernetes system. They will also deliver solutions built for multi-substrate (e.g AWS, GCP, Azure) and work on microservices architecture.
As a Performance Engineer with the Central Performance Workloads team you will be responsible for -
- Identify and optimize applications for optimal performance and cost to serve.
- Developing new and improving existing solutions/tooling for better debuggability of performance and scale challenges.
- Measuring, analyzing, and optimizing performance and scalability of new & existing features.
- Influence architecture by offering solutions for performance and scale challenges.
- Knowledge of Database, SQL performance, SQL tuning and optimization.
- Experience with performance testing, analysis, troubleshooting, and optimizing SaaS.
- Ability to identify limitations and offer solutions to challenging engineering problems.
- Experience with distributed tracing.
- 3+ years working experience on multiple releases with short cycles (3-6 months).
- BS, MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Proven experience developing tools for debugging and analyzing performance and scale of SaaS on the cloud.
- Experience developing applications that are optimal and scales.
- Experience with influencing engineering decisions based on deep analysis of production and synthetic test data.
- Hyderabad, India
- Bangalore, India
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Back to top