To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Program/Project Management
Program Management Officer - Senior Director
Summary of Position
The Salesforce National Security (SNS) Program Management Officer (PM) position will report to the SVP and GM of SNS to lead the Program Management Office and the subordinate PMO segments supporting our customer(s). The SNS PMO is composed of three operational elements: Business Operations, System Operations, and Customer Operations, and the PM ensures strong collaboration, communication, and program execution across all three segments. The PM will directly lead the Business Operations segment of the PMO. The Business Operations segment provides the central orchestration of all contractual obligations and commitments to our customer. Project scheduling and management, contracting actions, CDRL management and delivery, personnel onboarding/offboarding, product and service price list management, and all status reporting both to Salesforce management and to the customer are managed and controlled by the SNS PMO Business Operations segment.
Salesforce National Security team is a growing and cross-functional team. We deliver efficient, proactive, and innovative operational processes, standardization and operational execution for new programs/products, and new go-to-market products and strategies fueling the growth of our organization for years to come.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, agile and creative Program Manager / Senior Director to play the central role in one of Salesforce's newest and most strategic markets. On a daily basis, you will bring together and collaborate with multiple cross-functional teams like Customer Operations, System Operations, Business Operations, and the customer. You will be laser focused on making our customers successful, and by extension Salesforce successful. You maintain a questioning mindset with strong technical and critical judgment and careful attention to detail.
- Government program management excellence including master schedule management, CDRL management and reporting, and customer and Salesforce communications
- PMO operations run on the Salesforce platform, forging STRONG bonds of trust with the customer and teammates.
- Manage enablement/on-boarding /off-boarding of team members
- Manage and report program financial status
- Maintain the lifecycle of multiple price lists supporting customer operations.
- Strong creative and technical writing and communications skills to maintain alignment with all stakeholders.
- Proactive engagement with other internal business partners and groups to advance the SNS corporate strategic initiative.
- Build trusted cross-functional relationships with a diverse set of business partners to drive results.
- Work with both business and technical stakeholders and understand how to translate between the two and communicate to various levels of technical and business management.
- Participate in the development, documentation and improvement of processes to enable the business to scale while monitoring and ensuring compliance with internal controls and policies.
- Have technical knowledge to deeply understand the requirements of the business, the customer, and translate them into technical and functional requirements for implementation by the engineering team.
What we are looking for:
- 10+ years of Program Management experience in bringing technical and cross-functional teams together to deliver on a unified vision while partnering with various stakeholders.
- Government PM/PMO expertise
- PMP and/or Salesforce Certification
- Experience creating executive reports and presentations
- 7+ years of go-to-market experience, including but not limited to pricing, packaging, asset development, enablement.
- Strong working knowledge of Salesforce products and/or PaaS/SaaS technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced technical degree desired.
- Active TS/SCI
“Qualification for this job is contingent upon acceptable results from a background investigation as well as your obtaining and maintaining the specific level U.S. government background investigation required for this role.“
Accommodations - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.