Senior/Lead/Principal Software Engineer - Identity
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Products and Technology
Job Details Our Security Software Engineering team builds and operates highly scalable, fault-tolerant, distributed systems to deliver cloud-scale security software services. We provide the fundamental building blocks to improve and preserve customer trust in Salesforce's products across multiple public cloud substrates and our own network infrastructure. You will be working with a group of world-class engineers to build the breakthrough features our customers will love, adopt and use while keeping our trusted platform stable and scalable.
One of the key investment is in the area of Identity and Access, where we design and implement consistent and scalable identity and access services for all of Salesforce, integrating our IT network, public cloud infrastructure and our own data centers, and empowering all our engineers to operate these environments in secure manner. Identity is also an area where there are large regulatory compliance, security and auditing requirements to ensure we have complete visibility of who has access to what.
- Architect, design, implement, test and deliver highly scalable products.
- You have industry experience with writing code (e.g., Python, Scala, PySpark, Java) and taking ML models/ algorithms to production.
- You have to love data - this is what we do. We are looking for people who are excited about different and unique data sets, and all the ways that they could be used in order to improve user experience.
- Master our development process, culture and code base, then improve it.
- Operate effectively in the hybrid engineering model where engineers are expected to be able to design and execute the necessary work to ensure quality in their own code as well as other engineers'.
- Work closely with a team of engineers, product managers, user experience experts and performance engineers to build new features our customers will love, adopt and use while keeping our trusted platform stable and scalable
- Mentor others in development technologies, tools, and processes
- Present your own designs to internal/external groups and review designs of others
- Develop test strategies, design automation frameworks, write unit/functional tests to drive up code coverage and automation metrics.
- Some of the day-to-day job will include architecting, deploying and scaling their Observability infrastructure.
- Define best practices around making their systems and services measurable while working with various teams to get the best practices applied.
- Making sure to collaborate with their Application Engineering teams to ensure Applications are emitting the right metrics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent field, plus 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience building large scale distributed systems, especially in cloud environments
- Familiar with public cloud services with AWS and Google Cloud Platform Azure
- Experience with Identity and Access Management/Security
- Solid knowledge of Database technologies such as SQL, PL/SQL and relational database schema design
- Experience in automated testing including unit and functional testing using Java, JUnit, JSUnit, Selenium
- Strong design and coding skills
- Experience building highly scalable web applications.
- Experience at Scrum or other agile development methodologies, with attention to code quality, delivering secure code
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience building highly scalable web applications.
- Experience with Agile software development and test-driven development.
- Master’s degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent field
- Distributed Systems knowledge - a plus
- Hands on experience with Machine Learning - a plus
- Experience with big data technologies such as Spark - a plus
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” ten years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” nine years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top