To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Products and Technology
Senior/Lead/Principal Distributed Systems Software Engineer
In school, or graduated within the last 12 months? Please check out our FutureForce program at www.salesforce.com/futureforce . We appreciate your interest but we are seeking industry experienced engineers.
Our Technology, Marketing & Products Engineering team is responsible for innovating and maintaining a massive distributed systems engineering platform that ships hundreds of features to production for tens of millions of users across all industries every day. Our users count on our platform to be highly reliable, lightning fast, supremely secure, and to preserve all of their customizations and integrations every time we ship.
Salesforce has immediate opportunities for extremely talented Distributed Systems Software Developers who want their lines of code to have significant and measurable positive impact for users, the company's bottom line and the industry. You will need deep experience with concurrency, large scale systems, proficiency with solving real-world data management challenges, a strong understanding of how to architect solutions that are highly available, and a proven ability to design, develop, and optimize the core back-end systems. This role will encompass architecture, design, implementation, and testing to ensure we build products right and release them with high quality.
Check out our "We are Salesforce Engineering" video below
We are Salesforce Engineering
- Experience designing, developing, debugging, and operating resilient distributed systems
- Eat, sleep, and breathe services. You’ll have experience balancing live-site management, feature delivery, and retirement of technical debt
- Experience with managing large, complex systems in the cloud.
- Resolve complex technical issues and drive innovations that improve system availability, resilience, and performance
- Excited by building reliable, self-healing services on unreliable hardware
- Capable of driving and delivering thin slices of functionality on a regular cadence with data-driven feedback loops in an agile environment
- Be passionate about automation
- Create, maintain and share technical documentation used by engineers and other team members
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent field, or 3+ years of relevant experience
- Deep knowledge of object oriented programming and experience with at least one scripting programming language: Java, C++, C#, Ruby, Go, Scala, Python
- Experience with Agile development methodology and Testing
- Experience using telemetry and metrics to drive operational excellence
- In depth experience of design patterns, data structures, algorithms, and concurrency
- Participate in the team’s on- call rotation to address complex problems in real-time and keep services operational and highly available
- Public cloud engineering on GCP, AWS, Alibaba and/or Azure platforms
- Experience using SQL and/or NoSQL datastores e.g. Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, etc
- Experience with open source projects like HBase, MapReduce, Elastic Search, Kafka, Spark, Presto, Cassandra, Zookeeper Pig, or Hive
- SOAP/REST APIs and general API design
- Experience with container orchestration systems Kubernetes, Docker, Helios, Fleet or Mesos
- CI/CD experience with Jenkins
- Experience owning and operating multiple instances of mission-critical infrastructure services including, monitoring, alerting, logging, and reporting applications
Open to Fully Remote, Flex (1-3 days/week in the office), or Office-Based (4-5 days/week in office)
Benefits & Perks
We have a public-facing website https://www.getsalesforcebenefits.com/en that explains our various benefits, including wellbeing reimbursement, generous parental leave, adoption assistance, fertility benefits, and more. Visit for the full breakdown!
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form .
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.