To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Products and Technology
Heroku operates the world’s largest PaaS cloud, continuously delivering millions of apps with 6+ million container deployments, 16+ billion routing requests, and 10+ terabytes of application logs per day. Our vision is for developers to focus on their applications and leave operations to us.
We work in small groups who are heartfelt about our users’ problems. We plan weekly, chat daily and work closely together. Our team is a remote community with members excited to work together on challenging distributed systems problems. Equality is a core value for Salesforce; it's at the heart of everything we do and strive to be. That means Equal Opportunity, Equal Advancement and Equal Pay for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We hope you are passionate about joining our community of engineers who love to learn, work, and operate a gigantic distributed system, build and sustain a remote culture and help grow and mentor other engineers.
Examples of recent work Web Services engineers have done at Heroku
- Improving customer trust: Integrated Heroku authentication with an internal shared service providing multi-factor authentication (MFA) that will ultimately allow all of our customers to select from a variety of verification methods.
- Core infrastructure scaling and growth: Investigating missing metrics necessary to ensure the safe ongoing operations of our most critical internal services and to help us plan to scale well into the future.
- Incident response: coordinated with several other Heroku teams to design and implement automation to combat an ongoing Denial of Service (DoS) attack
- Delivering features to customers: API changes, business logic, and API calls to downstream internal services to allow ACM apps to have an arbitrary number of custom domains instead of the previous limit of 100
Profiles relevant to us would feature
- 3+ years in a full-time, professional software engineering role
- Experience developing production software in Ruby
- Experience writing SQL queries including complex JOIN statements
- Experiencing maintaining and enhancing RESTful APIs
- Experience deploying, operating and supporting critical production systems
- Enthusiasm for learning new languages, frameworks, and skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to work effectively with geographically distributed teams and people of various backgrounds
- Maintaining and operating a Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS)
- Maintaining and operating a distributed system operating at thousands of requests per second
- Experience debugging HTTP request-response cycles in a distributed system
- Tuning SQL queries for performance
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience deploying and operating services on Heroku
- Writing queries in Splunk
Accommodations - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.