Senior/Lead User Researcher
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Products and Technology
Job Details At Salesforce, we create tools that help people work more effectively and efficiently. Research & Insights collaborates closely with design, product, engineering, and marketing to deliver customer-centered experiences. We're looking for passionate, self-motivated, creative researchers who want to join our Industries team to help shape products focused on industry-specific solutions. Your work will matter at scale–delivering great experiences to millions of end-users. And you'll work for a company that 10 years running has been named a Fortune 100 Top Places to work. The Industries team has become a major growth area for Salesforce and is shaping the future of a broad range of industries . For example, in response to the current crisis, our team helped launch the work.com platform (including Contact Tracing) that is helping both public and private communities reopen. Research & Insights are core to guiding Salesforce’s accelerated rate of innovation. Job Description
You get close to our customers' challenges and distill complex problems into insights that inform design, development, and business decisions. You seek out diverse data points and triangulate them. You eagerly use new research methodologies to understand users and problem spaces and dig deep to uncover and synthesize insights. You build compelling narratives that identify opportunities to deliver better customer experiences. Your insights convince executive stakeholders to act by highlighting the business value of recommended solutions. You're passionate about technology and even more passionate about people. You are a tireless advocate for the end-user and have deep empathy for their everyday struggles and challenges. You always put their needs first and are unwavering in your desire to provide the best experiences for users. You play well with others and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. You bring a unique point of view to the table and bring out the best in your team. You solicit feedback on your own work and add value to others' work. Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic insights that inform design and development
- Lead product research and analysis, always striving to deeply know and understand the customers who will be using your products
- Be a strategic business partner to key executives, helping shape their long-term vision
- Synthesize research to identify jobs to be done, product use cases, and user types
- Deliver compelling insights presentations that frame complex problems and identify the business value of acting on research recommendations
- Partner fully with product owners, designers, and engineers to scope, plan and execute qualitative research to understand people across our customer’s ecosystem—from stakeholders and employees to consumers and partners
- Keep up to date on the capabilities of the Salesforce platform, as well as emerging and best-in-class user experiences
- Work on fast-paced projects, requiring attention to detail and working within constrained timelines
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in UX and research
- Experience conducting both B2B and B2C research
- Proven track record influencing product direction and strategy with actionable insights
- Ability to work confidently and creatively on ambiguous problems
- Experience working in cross-functional teams (e.g. design, product management, engineering)
- Solid understanding of best practices for conducting research (qualitative and quantitative) in user experience, product design, or technology contexts
- Exemplary verbal, presentation, and written communication skills, plus strong remote and in-person facilitation skills
- Ability to plan, design, execute and communicate both strategic and tactical research engagements
- Excellent project management, communication, and presentation skills
- B.A./B.S. or M.A./M.S. in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Sociology, Design, Business or a related degree
- Bonus: Experience conducting research in Sustainability, Communications, and Public Sector.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Back to top