Senior/Lead Data Engineer
- Bengaluru, India
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Products and Technology
The Threat and Vulnerability Management (TVM) Engineering is looking for a Software Developer to help architect, build and run data platforms for storing, analysing and processing security vulnerabilities information. The TVM team ingests vulnerability information for millions of assets (software/hardware/mobile) from the Salesforce’s cloud infrastructure (public cloud and on-prem) via multiple ETL pipelines. The vulnerability information and associated metadata across tens/hundreds of dimensions is stored into a dedicated warehouse. Our mission is to build this warehouse as a highly-available store and provide business intelligence insights leveraging the data within. Our BI capabilities should include analysis insights into vulnerability source and recommended remediation, as well as API access including subscription-based vulnerability data feeds and distributed data processing capabilities with sub-minute response times for retrieving insights across various dimensions.
This is a great opportunity for ambitious analytical engineers who want technical growth in big data processing, storage and analysis. In this role, you will design and run a high-availability datastore with processing capabilities, leveraging public cloud technologies. You will work with product management and partner engineering teams to define relationships and lenses across the various vulnerability data dimensions, and building flows for data processing and vulnerability disclosure. Your talent will find significant outreach and business impact, contributing to the CISO’s monthly security reportings.
- Architect and implement the vulnerability data warehousing systems, with associated data ingestion, storage and processing capabilities
- Define and implement data processing flows for advanced correlations of raw vulnerability data with associated metadata for a complete business risk profile
- Implement platforms, workflows and dashboards to deliver automated status reporting on governance, policy compliance and security risks across all Salesforce clouds
- Build monitoring and engagement services to allow security engineers to act on the collected vulnerabilities and compliance data and take remediation actions
- Advance and operate these security assessment platforms in a full DevOps model
- Operate in an Agile development environment, including participating in daily scrums
- Support the team’s engineering excellence by performing code reviews and mentoring junior team members
- Industry experience including:
- Experience in SaaS, PaaS or IaaS software development
- Experience in a cloud platform
- Experience in SaaS, PaaS or IaaS software development
- Education . M.Sc/M.Eng in Computer Science/Engineering or B.A/B.Sc. in same disciplines with equivalent years of experience
- Data storage . Expertise in designing, implementing and operating distributed a warehousing system (SQL, NoSQL), especially leveraging public cloud technologies (e.g., AWS Aurora, AWS RDS). Expertise in data storage technologies (e.g., MySQL, MongoDB, Hadoop, Redis, Zookeeper, Postgres).
- Data processing. Expertise in implementing and using data processing platforms and streaming and batch ETL/ELT pipelines (e.g., Airflow, Hadoop, Spark).
- Data science . Demonstrated ability to implement data models and data-analysis flows, leveraging technologies such as Apache Pig, Hive, Impala, Python.
- Data BI . Expertise in building business intelligence reports, including developing custom web-platforms for visualization or leveraging commercial technologies such as Tableau, Salesforce Einstein Analytics.
- Communication . Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Team . Ability to value team success beyond personal contributions
- Vulnerability management . Knowledge of vulnerability management solutions, and its related processes and procedures. Expertise using dynamic scanning tools for both cloud and on-prem scenarios (Qualys, Nessus, Rapid7, etc) and static analysis tools (Checkmarx, NexusIQ, Coverity, Snyk, Clair, etc). Deep understanding of security controls at the systems, devices, and application-level
- Data science . Demonstrated experience with statistical analyses, including multivariate linear regression and hypothesis testing; familiarity with machine learning classification algorithms is a plus.
- IAC . Practice expertise with infrastructure as code, including Terraform, Spinnaker.
- Programming . Proficiency in object-oriented and multi-threaded programming in at least one of the following languages: Python, Golang, Java, C++.
- Full-software ownership from idea to running in production: design, code, writing unit tests, performing integration tests, deploying to production, supporting the system in the production environments
- Software design . Demonstrated expertise in applying systems patterns (e.g., Client-server, N-tier, Master/Slave, MVC) and API constructions (e.g., Swagger, OpenAPI)
- Platform development . Proven track of designing and coding large-scale PaaS or IaaS systems, especially for public cloud providers (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Security . Strong knowledge in fundamentals: authentication/authorization frameworks (e.g., SSO, SAML, OAuth), secure transport (e.g., SSL, TLS), identity management (e.g., certificates, PKI).
- Understanding of security compliance standards and regulations (e.g., ISO 27001, PCI, SOC, FISMA, FedRAMP, HIPAA, GDPR).
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Back to top