Senior UI Engineer - SMTS
- Hyderabad, India
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Products and Technology
Lightning Web Components (LWC) is essentially a toolchain that enables developers to write Web Components. Now Open Source at lwc.dev , this empowers the Base Component team to build modern reusable components that work within the Salesforce platform. To get an idea of what one of these components might look like view the Lightning Design System blueprints that describe the resulting markup. The team uses these blueprints to ensure accessibility and consistent execution as new experiences are requested.
As a member of the Base Component team the components you maintain and create will be one of the contributions that furthers the Lightning platform. Working with the User Experience team and community of internal developers you will evolve the component library for future Web Component development. For context Lightning Aura Components have a Lightning Web Component counterpart that ensures developers can transition into a more modern workflow. Just like you Salesforce engineers want to use the latest web technologies and we’ve bridged Aura to house Web Components to enable just that. This means that new components do not require a legacy counterpart and are relatively greenfield.
Responsibilities outside of the components themselves include spec reviews for new and existing components. These spec reviews ensure consistent practices are being implemented. Reviews of changes to components are done within the team and outside teams are scheduled routinely for reviews as they build out larger features. Ensuring that teams are using the Base Components to their full potential or effectively creating custom components cuts down on future liability in the platform. While the team has dedicated tech writers there is consistent involvement as release notes and documentation is revised.
Salesforce operates in a mono repo, but for the Base Component team almost all work is done through a familiar GitHub workflow of pull requests and peer reviews. The team also manages Inner Source pull requests as consumers of the Base Component library may have resource to implement documentation or component changes.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to drive the development of innovative new UI technologies then the Base Components team are the place to do it.
- UI Software development experience
- Solid understanding of web technologies, including JS, HTML,CSS, XML, JSON
- Experience using in browser development tools
- Hands-on experience with performance measurement, analysis, and optimization
- Ability to work cross-functionally to articulate, measure and solve issues
- You proactively bring solutions and the right tools for the job to the table
- Experience with developing Web Components.
- Experience with Web Application Framework , e.g., Angular, Ember, ReactJS
- Experience developing in an Agile software development environment
- Solid understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to develop processes and methodologies
- Experience with Continuous Development and Continuous Integration (CI/CD) process
- Good understanding of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) model and concepts
- Ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment
- Knowledge of back-end systems and API’s, developer tools and compilers
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.
Back to top