To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Customer Success Group
About Tableau, a Salesforce company
Tableau helps people see and understand data. Our analytics platform fuels exploration, allowing you to quickly answer questions with data and share insights across your organization. Global enterprises, early-stage startups, nonprofits, and governments all use Tableau’s intuitive software to quickly transform their data into actionable insights. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world!
What you’ll be doing…
The Senior Technical Support Engineer is responsible for the collection, analysis, reporting, and development of technical reports that illustrate Tableau Servers’ health-related data to enhance the understanding of its health, capacity, performance, data usage and planning.
This role requires deep quantitative skills to answer technical and strategic insights to help the Technical Account Managers drive pro-active actions for the Customers’ Tableau Deployment to address performance, Stability and Growth/Capacity planning requirements.
The Senior Technical Support Engineer will develop standardized tools, methodologies, and create product readiness updates aimed at improving technical reporting capabilities of the Tableau Server and creating regular product insights for the Global Technical Account Management group.
We operate 24x7 which can involve working during one of the below shifts (not limited to - shift timing can change).
AMER hours (Eastern Standard Time - 5.30 PM/ 6.30 PM IST or Pacific Standard Time - 9 PM/ 10 PM IST onwards depending on Day Light Savings Time)
EMEA hours - 12:00 PM/ 1 PM / 2 PM IST onwards depending on Day Light Savings Time
APAC hours - 5.30 AM IST onwards
Work hours can change depending on Business requirements.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include …
- Create, Build and Refine current reporting packages to empower Technical Account Managers with critical Tableau Servers’ deployment operational data related to support strategy and execution.
- Develop and maintain standardized deployment review reports and dashboards to report/monitor overall Tableau Server health, and key objectives/performance indicators.
- Enable Technical Account Manager to utilize the information to address a wide range of problem solving situations, strategic to real-time, requiring extensive use of data collection and analysis.
- Support ongoing analysis of Tableau Server’s utilization, health and performance.
- Collect, analyze, evaluate, and report data to track Tableau Server’s usage, health, and performance metrics from customers.
- Work closely with Technical Account Management, Customer Solutions Programs, Supportability and Operations counterparts to ensure data validity, tools needs, and technical strategy is aligned.
- Also work closely with Supportability, Product to create videos and documentation on the latest product enhancements, security bulletins, how-tos as readiness information for the Technical Account Management.
- Assist with the communication of Deployment review and Health Check information to the Technical Account Managers, Customers and associated departments over the phone and in person.
- Be integral to the change management process ensuring adoption of new processes and tools through performance measures.
- Collaborate with Technical Support, Product Management, Sustaining Engineering, Sales Consultants and Support Management to resolve issues by applying excellent technical, customer service, and interpersonal skills in building solid cross-functional relationships.
- Effectively communicate with customers via email, phone and other electronic methods to work and ensure client’s effective use of Tableau products. Maintain excellent relationships with Tableau customers by applying superb customer service and technical skills. Perform in-depth troubleshooting and health-check on logs to identify root cause while understanding the customer’s skill level and communicating with them in the manner most appropriate. Use excellent judgment on when and how to communicate with customer for maximum effectiveness and customer satisfaction
- Collaborate and consult with Tableau Technical Account Managers to successfully integrate (installation, data connectivity, analysis and performance, health-check configurations) the application into their business, and to resolve highly complex technical issues associated with upgrades, migrations, performance issues.
** Note: This job requires weekend support and shift work
Who you are…
- Experienced. Strong hands on experience implementing dashboarding, data visualizations, and analytics using Tableau desktop and Server. Good experience on dashboards designing with large data volumes from various data sources (SQLserver, teradata, postgres etc). Experienced in Analyzing BI Needs, interpreting Technical and Business Users requirements and translating them into reports.
- Highly Technical. Problem analyst and Solver Demonstrates a deep understanding of data gathering processes, analysis, trend identification, and report development and automation. Good understanding of technical trends, N-Tier software application architectures and highly motivated to know more about latest technologies and new software products
- Detail oriented. Detail-oriented Ability to grasp and apply analysis concepts and break‐down a problem to achieve conclusions. Also have the capacity to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously in a fast‐paced and ever‐changing environment
- Communicator. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A True Team Player. You’re the best at what you do and you know how to work with your colleagues to get their best.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
Tableau will operate independently under the Tableau brand, driving forward a continued focus on our mission, our customers and our Tableau Community. The acquisition closed on August 1, 2019, and Tableau is a wholly-owned subsidiary of salesforce.com, inc.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form .
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.