To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Customer Success Group
Senior Technical Consultant / Technical Architect – Commerce Cloud
Location: various office based or remote locations in Europe considered
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, the World’s Most Innovative Company according to Forbes, and one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work for six years running. The growth, innovation, and Aloha spirit of Salesforce are driven by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering success for our customers while also finding time to give back through our 1/1/1 model, which leverages 1% of our time, equity, and product to improve communities around the world.
Salesforce Commerce Cloud, the category-defining leader of enterprise cloud commerce solutions, empowers companies to deliver customer-centric commerce and grow their business — faster than ever.
Commerce Cloud’s open cloud platform provides unique benefits including seamless innovation, integrated apps, data, and processes to get a 360-degree view of the customer. And, companies can adapt to changing markets and customer needs by creating new business models on demand and making changes on the fly.
We are seeking a Senior Technical Consultant / Technical Architect to join our Professional Services team. This person will become a Trusted Advisor to our customers and partners, supporting them during full life-cycle implementations of Salesforce Commerce Cloud solutions. From pre-sales and initial scoping, through build and test, to deployment and successful go-live, and throughout the customer’s long-term ownership of the solution in live environments.
She / he will work closely with key external & internal stakeholders representing Salesforce as a Subject Matter Expert (SME), using effective interpersonal skills, technical and product knowledge, industry experience, and knowledge of the client’s business to ensure solutions meet their business goals.
Role seniority to be evaluated during the application process based on individual experience.
- Act as a Trusted Advisor and Subject Matter Expert (SME) for our Salesforce Commerce Cloud customers
- Assess customer’s business & technology requirements, and translate into technical solutions
- Work closely with Salesforce cross-functional customer account teams to ensure customers are successful with our platform.
- Work closely with customers and partners to guide implementation projects to follow Salesforce best practices and align with our product roadmap, so resulting solutions meet customer long-term business objectives
- Deliver billable technical consulting and advisory services, including technical workshops, design / code reviews, architecture workshops, training and enablement to customer and partner teams, development work, product extensions / integrations, solution & performance optimizations, and supporting ad-hoc technical queries from customer & partner project teams
- Engagements may also include planning, organization, and leadership roles within customer and partner project teams
- Support Salesforce Sales and Customer Success teams with new license or expansion opportunities, providing estimations, proof-of-concepts, integration strategies and supporting design / architectural workshops
- Continuously developing your personal expertise on Salesforce Commerce Cloud, related products and technologies, and the ecommerce industry
- Contributing to thought-leadership, and sharing knowledge / best practices within the Salesforce community
- Some travel may be required, to be discussed during the application process
- Experience implementing web applications using Cloud / SaaS technologies (e.g. AWS, Heroku)
- Hands-on experience in client- and server-side development (e.g. Html, CSS, RESTful web services, Node.js)
- Ability to analyze potential performance and scalability issues from architectural design and in live environments
- Ability to effectively translate and communicate business requirements into technical solutions
- Ability to drive projects to successful, on-time completion, and influence stakeholders and team members
- Proven team player that can work effectively across cross-functional teams and peers
- Self-starter that can work equally well under her / his own initiative or as member of a project team
- University degree in related field, Computer Science or Engineering-based preferred
- Very good written and verbal communication skills
- Business fluent in English (verbal and written).
The following are not mandatory however, any will be an advantage:
- Professional Services or consulting experience in customer-facing environments
- Salesforce platform development experience (LWC, Apex, Visualforce)
- Other B2C and/or B2B-Ecommerce platform experience
- Agile project methodology experience
- Other European languages (verbal or written)
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form .
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.