To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Mulesoft - Customer Success Group
A Strategic Advisor plays a critical role within Mulesoft Services and our leading Customers’ successful digital transformations. Serving as a tried and true IT delivery leader and MuleSoft platform expert to the company’s largest, most complex enterprise customers. Our Strategic Advisors will engage with all constituencies at our customers: CIOs / sponsors, chief architects, engineering leads / teams, partners - essentially any stakeholder that we can effectively enable on our platform and its value proposition.
Our Strategic Advisors advance integration capabilities at our customers by providing guidance on: Development & Delivery, Architecture Design & Reuse, API (Integration) Strategy, Organization & Governance, Operations and Evangelism. The right person will also expand our footprint into additional customer groups by mobilizing or optimizing our Center for Enablement (C4E), including the identification of MuleSoft experts, knowledge and code repositories, reusable components, and transformational KPIs/value achieved with the Anypoint Platform. In summary, our Strategic Advisors are responsible for IT delivery excellence aligned with a high performing digital transformation strategy resulting in the most optimal path for our customers’ transformation success.
This position is available anywhere with access to a major airport and is a billable professional services role.
During 3 months of onboarding, you will:
- Attend KickStart (MuleSoft new hire classroom training) and become certified on product training, come up to speed on our sales messaging, delivery methodology (OBD), value proposition, and platform capabilities.
- Begin participation in field activities with clients by shadowing account/delivery teams and practicing enablement gained from training.
- Gain hands-on experience with the MuleSoft Anypoint Platform
- Learn about MuleSoft Advisory & Catalyst methodologies and approaches.
- Start to develop and contribute subject matter expertise and advisory deliverables to internal knowledge exchange.
- Contribute to a customer enablement plan and tailor that plan for each different group to best set them up for success.
- Lead customer constituencies in critical functions (and in the context of MuleSoft) such as: Modern software / microservices engineering best practices, enterprise architecture target state or rationalization, MuleSoft suitability guidance for use cases, advanced prototyping, accelerating reuse, MuleSoft deployment architecture evolutions and API / integration strategies.
- Establish or lead our customers’ MuleSoft C4E team, evangelizing the Anypoint Platform value proposition, exemplify Outcome Based Delivery (OBD) and the API-led approach.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- 10+ years of technology transformation consulting experience, including implementation experience with one or more common integration or middleware solutions and/or API Management Solutions
- 5+ years experience as an Enterprise Architect and/or digital architect (or like role)
- Be a self-starter and ability to work independently and as part of a distributed team, and willingness to take ownership of situations and problems.
- Evangelize best practices at various levels within a large organization
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with a range of stakeholders (C-Suite to engineering teams) with compelling Points of View from empathetic, yet determined, customer interactions
- Able to effectively develop materials that are appropriate for the audience and engage in vigorous Q&A with customers
- Proven results leading and overseeing customer and/or partner success in the following domains: front-end and back-end solution architecture, enterprise architecture, development, and test/release management strategies, change management, and direct leadership in designing solutions that meet or exceed customer needs
- Track record of continuous learning of new technologies, as well as leading projects that push the capabilities of existing technologies.
- Guiding customers and colleagues in rationalizing and deploying emerging technologies (eg Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, DevOps, etc) that drive business value
- Travel to the client site (average up to 50%), but may be higher or lower based on the client engagement.
- Preferred Master’s in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Business, or in a related field. Bachelor’s degree and those with non-traditional but similar proven experiences may also apply.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.