To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Customer Success Group
Job Details Senior Functional Consultant / Functional Architect – Salesforce Core
Location: office / remote based in DACH
Salesforce Customer Success Group (CSG) are a team of trusted advisers, partners, and experts crucial to the success of our customers. We help customers unleash the full power of Salesforce, find and implement technical solutions, and provide guidance on how to build new products for our customers’ needs.
Our EMEA team is growing and we are looking for architects to join us across multiple countries. We hire into two distinct roles, each working with and adding value to customers in different ways.
We can consider your application for both opportunities and will determine role seniority in the interview process together with you.
Salesforce Functional Architects collaborate with our most strategic customers and partners during project planning and implementation and are building valuable relationships both internally and externally.
The Functional Architect will hold end-to-end functional responsibilities as it relates to the analysis, design, built, test and deployment of enterprise level solutions. This includes the assessment of viable solution options, providing industry best practices, formulating and presenting solution options to various levels of management and influencing and directing decisions that result in optimal customer success.
The Functional Architect can communicate effectively to various audiences in the forms of architectural diagrams, functional capabilities, business process efficiencies, and business value realization and is the trusted advisor for business and technology stakeholders. Finally, with experience in software delivery cycles based on agile methodologies the architect supports and is in close alignment with project management activities.
- Ensure sustainable, scalable, best practice solutions to meet and exceed customer needs
- Guide consultative engagements with customers on their process, business and technical challenges
- Building sustainable relationships with key stakeholders and team members
- Where required, act as lead architect for the overall engagement by coordinating and aligning work of multiple architects on the team
- Close alignment with project and engagement managers to support planning and implementation in close collaboration with the customer
- Develop and maintain numerous project deliverables that support the solution design to include discussion documents and other project artefacts
- Understand and present high-level overviews of the Salesforce Core architecture and integration capabilities
- Where required, hands-on application configuration to meet customer needs
- Collaborate with Salesforce partners, engineering, product management, and extended project team for all engagements
- Identify, lead or contribute to internal strategic initiatives to grow the consulting practice, such as internal innovations, building up a strategic brand, and increasing teammates' skills by knowledge sharing
- Where required, support deep-dive pre-sales activity to position successful delivery of Salesforce solutions
- Contribute to broader goals by becoming a citizen philanthropist and give back to our communities by joining or leading volunteering activities
- University Degree or equivalent working experience
- 5+ years relevant consulting experience
- Ability to quickly understand customer's processes and connect business requirements with the functional capabilities of the application
- Extensive experience in the assessment of business objectives, formulating solution options, and driving stakeholder support
- Solid experience in leading workshops to define and prioritize customer requirements. Ability to challenge during workshops and suggest best practices and efficient ways to design the best solution for the customer.
- Effective experience with software development lifecycle with ability to support project planning.
- Team player with effective communication skills across a variety of audiences and situations
- Ability to quickly learn & adapt to new situations
- Willingness to travel when needed
- Fluent English
- 10+ years relevant consulting experience
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Experience collaborating with a strategic delivery team
- Business Process Engineering/Re-engineering background
- Existing experience with increasing responsibility and management/mentoring of junior consultants
- Advanced CRM experience (sales, service, marketing)
- Fluent German or B2 equivalent level
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form .
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.