Senior Software Engineer/Lead Software Engineer (Big Data Platform)
- Bangalore, India
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Products and Technology
- Design and develop system and product feature with high availability, scalability, and performance.
- Design, code and integrate n-tier applications with different application components
- Responsible for design and development of different products utilizing Salesforce security huge data.
- Interested in Innovation and ideation. Contribute to development of new products by building quick POCs and converting ideas into real products.
- Collaborate with business and technology stakeholders to deliver high quality products and services that meet business requirements and exceeds expectations while applying the latest available tools and technology.
- Passionate about delivering zero-defect code and have high sense of accountability for quality and timeliness.
- Identify opportunities for future enhancements and refinements to products, standards, best practices and development methodologies
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- 5 to 10 years experience in software development.
- Solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals like object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem-solving, and complexity analysis.
- Proficiency in any one of the technologies like Java, Python, GO or similar.
- Full Stack Software Development experience in large scale mission critical applications.
- Experience in working on data sources like Postgres, MySQL, DynamoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch or similar.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure or GCP
- Experience with Containers and Container Orchestration systems (such as Kubernetes, Docker Swarm etc)
- Experience and deep understanding of at least one open-source distributed system (such as Airflow, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Redis, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, etc.)
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
- Strong understanding of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Solid understanding of microservices architecture.
- Ability to independently lead and drive cross-functional projects
- Good to have:
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of huge data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS technologies.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.
Back to top