Senior Software Engineer, Presentation
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Products and Technology
So you’ve got an amazing chart that will change the way people think, make decisions, or do their work. But how will you share it with others? Will you build a dashboard that people can use to understand and evaluate progress? Will you add beautiful animated transitions on your viz to help share your insight in the most compelling narrative? Will you tell a beautiful and visually compelling story around your data? Or perhaps you will build an application-like product that will elevate your consumers’ insights to a whole new level!
On the Presentation team we are building these capabilities into Tableau, and we need your help to make it happen!We design and develop features to allow users to express themselves in exciting new ways, giving our customers the flexibility to see and understand their data and tell data stories in the form that works best for them. As a part of the this team, you will be developing user experiences that drive some of the most visually impactful aspects of Tableau.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include…
- Building great customer-friendly interfaces that allow people to interact with their data and see it the way that makes sense to them.
- Coding in and learning multiple technologies across our highly integrated suite of cloud, server, and desktop software.
- Working across teams to make sure we are building great experiences for customersthat make manipulating, analyzing, and telling stories with data easier than ever.
- Collaborating with a team of top-tier software engineers to achieve increasingly high standards of engineering and operational excellence
Who you are…
- Experienced.Extensive experience coding in at least one of the object-oriented languages such as C++, C#, or Java Highly Technical.You are fluent in commonly used design patterns. You can constructively reviewtheworkofothers to ensure high quality and adherence tobest practices. You love to write maintainable and understandable quality code. You write tests for your code as a way to maintain high quality. Youhave demonstrated the ability to come up to speed quickly on new technologies.
- Passionate. You love building easy to use and beautiful user interfaces, and have a passion for solving complex problems. You understand what it takes to write software that is used by thousands, even millions, of people. You love products that “just work” - that are robust, scalable and perform well. Innovative. You have a history of finding pragmatic solutions to difficult problems. You have experience working on ambitious, forward-looking projects. Curious.You love to get to the root of the problem. You debug across code bases and languages to wherever the problem takes you.
- Team Player.You enjoy collaborating with, learning from, and teaching others so we all can become better. You assume the good intent in others, and do your part to create a positive work environment.
- You are a Recruiter!Tableau hires company builders and in this role you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Back to top