Senior Software Engineer- Authentication
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Products and Technology
What you'll be doing…
As the Tableau platform has expanded in the Enterprise, our need for a more robust, extensible Auth layer has grown. Come join the team focused on rearchitecting our Authentication service to more easily integrate with frameworks like Open ID Connect and services like Auth0, Cognito, Okta as well as enable more use cases for our suite of products including thick clients, browser apps, mobile, and headless jobs. You will work closely with large customers to understand their network topology and authentication configuration needs. You will work with many teams inside Tableau including our Mobile and Desktop clients, our Security team, and our online Auth provider (TableauID). Your work will need to focus on our on premise server product as well as our Online SAAS offering. You will work with our Connectivity team to determine how authenticated identities can transition to be used to authenticate to backend data sources. And if you are not excited enough, you also get to help work on some of the Authorization work to help map out a robust Policy and Role based system that can enable more of our Enterprise scenarios.
Who you are…
First off, you are someone who read the above and thought that sounded like an exciting team to work with (because it is)
- Experienced. 7 plus years experience shipping commercial software or services. Experienced with Java and some form of Java Service development. Some experience working with / knowledge of Authentication protocols.
- Passionate. You must have passion for building things that other developers love and can rely on. You also have a passion for architecture and APIs.
- Creative Thinker. You must have the ability to think like our developer customers.
- Flexible . You must feel comfortable stretching yourself into code that is not yours and programming languages you might not be as familiar with.
- Collaborative . You must enjoy working in an open source community and engaging directly with our customers.
- Advocate. You must be able to think of Tableau developers as our consumers. If we don't use the API’s ... do they really work?
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
Accommodations - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Back to top