To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Products and Technology
At Tableau, we are on a mission to help people see and understand data. We create intuitive and powerful analytics software that enables thousands of leading organizations and millions of people around the world to find insights in their data. The Analytics area focuses on helping people visualize and share these insights in order to use data to make better decisions and take action in pursuit of a better world. We are looking for an experienced product manager who would like to be part of our mission.
In this role as Senior Product Manager on the Analytics team, you will drive services and APIs that enable Tableau’s core capabilities around building interactive data visualizations. Your work will at once make developers’ lives easier as well as make Tableau more robust and stable for customers.
Your work will span the entire development lifecycle: requirements gathering, design, feature prioritization and definition, and evangelism (internally and externally) of the features once complete. This will require communication cross-departmentally, working with Sales and Support organizations to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met and with Marketing to define the go-to-market messages and strategy by helping them to understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customers.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Product management for core visual analytics features, focusing on APIs and services for building and displaying Tableau visualizations.
- Drive product/feature project definition and ensure cross-functional coordination (developers, testers, designers, management) toward successful delivery of the engineering projects.
- Evangelize your product/features to both internal and external customer facing programs and events.
- Oversee that all projects execute smoothly and effectively, recommend process improvements to increase engineering team efficiency and velocity.
- Mentor and teach other Product Managers and members of the Development team, particularly around building and maintaining APIs and services.
- Drive improvements to our best practices and create success metrics for your work.
- Present Tableau product capabilities, vision, value propositions, and roadmap briefings to customers, prospects, the Tableau sales team and at other public events.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Ability to write code. Your primary job won’t be working as a software engineer but this role requires strong coding ability and familiarity because your customers include developers.
- Exceptional problem solving, teamwork and leadership skills.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Ability to teach and mentor others.
- Ability to deal with conflict and drive to solution.
- Ability to handle ambiguity effectively and oversee multiple projects at once.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with software developer landscape, including full-stack web development technologies.
- Ability to quickly understand product and market dynamics.
- Dedication to customer success.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage expectations and customer demands.
- Handle details accurately and in a timely manner.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.