To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Products and Technology
PLEASE NOTE: Qualification for this job is contingent upon acceptable results from a background investigation as well as your obtaining and maintaining the specific level U.S. government background investigation required for this role.
Are you a DevOps Engineer with a with an interest in databases and passion to build resilient, distributed infrastructure? Do you love to work on Infrastructure automation? We are looking for you!
We are looking for an experienced DevOps engineer to join a team of highly motivated software, systems & security engineers working on Infrastructure at scale in support of US National Security customers. Be part of the team that solves infrastructure deployment issues with software, delivers high velocity and high quality infrastructure in specialized public cloud environments, and delivers leading edge database services
- You’ll demonstrate a sense of autonomy and urgency for ownership of your areas and proactively take accountability for progress forward.
- You will distill environmental constraints into the design of practical guardrails that enable service owners to receive rapid, self service feedback about the efficacy and security of their service.
- You are strong in solving Infrastructure related problems with code and you've mastered building compute capacity in a fast paced environment. You will be responsible for leading key projects in design, development, and post-release support of the Salesforce platform as well as the tools that are used by internal teams to support our government customers..
- You will get a chance to understand how a large-scale production infrastructure works with 3rd party cloud service providers.
- You will transform human heavy processes into automated governance solutions.
- Evangelize the maturing governance of CI/CD pipelines with partner teams and digest feedback for further efficiency iteration with the goal of maintaining service owner feature velocity.
- You will get a chance to improve your influence and collaboration skills working with various other Infrastructure teams across Salesforce.
- You will be interacting with a highly innovative and creative team of developers, open-source committers and architects.
- You’ll make contributions that pay dividends over longer periods of time.
- You will evaluate new technologies to solve problems as needed and play a forward thinking role in test and deploy service design.
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- 3+ years development experience in config management (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Terraform)
- 6+ years Linux system engineering experience
- 3+ years developing or infrastructure and application security for Highly Sensitive Customer Data & Environments (IAM,
- 3+ years experience deploying deploying with a CI orchestration service (Jenkins, Spinnaker)
- 3+ years working experience scripting/programming language (Shell, Perl, Py, Ruby, JS, Go)
- 6+ years experience working within and building on AWS
- 3+ years deploying distributed apps with containers (Docker) & orchestration (Kubernetes, EKS, GKS)
Desire to Have:
- BS Degree in Computer Science or Technical Field
- Experience developing security & compliance into pipelines (OPA, Twistlock, Prisma, Casbin)
- Experience in any of the monitoring tools like Nagios, Graphite, Datadog, Cloudwatch, Prometheus, Zabbix etc.
- Experience with LSM-Tree/Ledger databases like AWS QLDB or LevelDB or LSM storage systems like Apache Bookkeeper
- Intelligence Community
Qualification for this job is contingent upon acceptable results from a background investigation as well as your obtaining and maintaining the specific level of U.S. Government security clearance required for this role. U.S. citizenship
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form .
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.