Senior Manager, Program/Project Management
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Customer Success Group
- Create and manage project plans; monitor and review project progress and timelines; adjust schedules and plans as needed; and identify and resolve issues to ensure project success.
- Ensure on time and on budget delivery of projects while also ensuring that project gates and governance are properly adhered to during the execution of the project.
- Track utilization of project resources and manage this against the resource allocation and budget. This includes on time entry and approvals for project timesheets.
- Manage day-to-day execution of project implementations. Assist with the planning, tracking, documentation and status updates for the project.
- Able to manage one or two large projects or a couple of small to medium sized interrelated projects requiring complex cross-functional collaboration and management at the program level.
- During the course of a project, be the primary customer interface and perform project management activities that ensures adherence to Salesforce methodology and project gates and governance.
- Exercise solid project leadership skills combined with strong business acumen and in-depth analytical skills.
- Facilitate requirements gathering and assist with the creation of project deliverables, as needed.
- Facilitate and own the creation of salesforce technical design documents for complex projects, by interfacing with Technical Architects and Developers, as needed.
- Provide hands on configuration / customization of the salesforce product.
- Adopt a standardized development lifecycle methodology for all projects.
- Identify opportunities to leverage all Salesforce technologies.
- Facilitate review sessions with the client and your team.
- Participate in end to end implementation planning including project management, issue management, communication and change management.
- As necessary, write and review QA and UAT test scripts.
- Manage UAT with end users including coordination and user acceptance sign-off.
- Prepare user documentation and training documentation as necessary.
- Leverage business knowledge and expertise to drive business process improvements.
- Establish and maintain trusted advisor relationships with client project stakeholders by providing vision and future product roadmapping.
- Have difficult conversations regarding budget, resources and timeline and formally capture and communicate outcomes of those meetings.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- 3-5 years experience in project management role leading enterprise-scale CRM projects, experience implementing Salesforce solutions preferred
- Demonstrated project leadership skills with direct responsibility for managing project teams, budget and schedule against a customer or vendor contract
- Demonstrated ability to manage Director+ level internal and external project stakeholders; demonstrated negotiation, conflict management, escalations, executive communication and leadership skills
- Outstanding and effective interpersonal skills; along with strong communication skills both verbal and written; ability to manage and communicate with remote teams during non-traditional business hours
- Ability to lead both small and enterprise-wide engagements, facilitate meetings, mentoring teams of junior team members, and proactively manage project risks
- Ability to weigh business and technical requirements to identify dependencies, produce project plans and estimates
- Ability to proactively identify and manage project risks
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, high energy, team-oriented environment
- Ability to multi-task and perform effectively under pressure
- Must be able to travel
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration and/or Information Technology or equivalent experience
- Agile SCRUM Master Certification
- PMP Certification
- Salesforce.com Certifications (Admin, Sales, Service, Marketing, etc.) preferred but not necessary
- COMPOSURE: Strong customer-facing communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to support complex engagements
- EXPERTISE: Working knowledge of industry best practices and implementation experience of the salesforce product suite
- CREDIBILITY: Able to interact with various levels of an organization both technical and non-technical to discuss comprehensive solutions
- CONSULTATIVE: Able to lead high powered workshops and effectively tailor messaging based on the audience and subject matter
- WILLINGNESS: Able to analyze customer issues, articulate comprehensive solutions, and craft a plan of action
- LEARNER: Has a passion for continued education in new technologies and complex business and technical concepts
- PASSION: Passionate about Customer Success and is a great listener
- URGENCY: Ability to move fast and drive business value and results
- OHANA: Embodies Aloha culture and a team player that everyone enjoys working with and has a generous heart
- TRUST: Ability to earn the trust of the customer and lives the company’s core values
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" five years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world
For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of $99,000. You may also be offered a bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.getsalesforcebenefits.com/
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top