Senior Manager ( ML/AI)
- Hyderabad, India
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Products and Technology
The Industries team is experiencing unprecedented growth, delivering industry-centric solutions to our customers in the Financial Services, Healthcare, Surveys, Retail, and Insurance sectors.
We design, develop, and market industry-specific technology that builds on the capabilities of the Customer Success Platform, the worlds #1 CRM.
Salesforce is looking for an Engineering Leader to lead Einstein team within Industries teams. We need someone who is technically strong, understand Machine learning, Deep Learning. energetic, highly collaborative and passionate about the product and our customers.
You will manage and lead a team of exceptional developers, ML engineers and data scientists working on Machine learning applications written in languages such as Java, Apex, Lightning components using ML platforms which are either homegrown or third party. . We work in a collaborative environment and we value transparent communication and feedback, code reviews, and making learning fun.
In this role, we need someone who can:
- Has led machine learning application teams or understands this domain and is able to work with the team to translate abstract requirement into a concrete product
- Drive the execution and delivery of features by collaborating with many cross-functional teams, architects, product owners and engineer
- Make critical decisions that attribute to the success of the product
- Proactive in foreseeing issues and resolve it before it happens
- Daily management of standups as the ScrumMaster for no more than two engineering teams
- Partner with PO to align with objectives, priorities, trade-offs and risk
- Be a multiplier and have a passion for the team and team members’ success
- Providing technical guidance, career development, and mentoring to team members
- Maintaining high morale and motivating the delivery team to go above and beyond
- Vocally advocating for technical excellence and helping the teams make good decisions in terms of which stack to pick up and pros and cons
- Participating in architecture discussions and planning based on the AI stack chosen
- Participating in cross-functional coordination, planning, and reviews with leads from other AI/ML platform engineering teams
- Maintaining and fostering our culture by interviewing and hiring only the most qualified individuals with an eye towards diversity
- Occasionally contributing to development tasks such as coding and feature verifications to assist teams with release commitments, to gain an understanding of the deeply technical product as well as to keep your technical acumen sharp
Experience and skills:
- Masters / Bachelors degree required in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Equivalent Experience
- 8+ years experience leading software development projects with a distinguished track record on technically demanding projects
- Understand of AI/ML domain and some experience in managing teams consuming ML APIs or building new models and deploying to production would be very helpful
- 6+ years experience as a ScrumMaster of one or more fast-paced & dynamic engineering teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, organisational and time management skills
- Ability to be nimble, proactive, comfortable working with minimal specifications
- Experience with short release cycles, the full software lifecycle, and experience working on a product that’s been released for public consumption
- Experience in hiring smart, talented engineers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices including coding standards, code reviews, SCM, CI, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with Agile development methodologies. ScrumMaster experience required
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and project management to understand requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
Accommodations - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Back to top