Senior Manager, Gov Cloud CSIRT
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Products and Technology
Salesforce - one of the top 10 best places to work in America according to Fortune magazine - is seeking a results oriented leader to support our world class Computer Security Incident Response Team. To be successful in this high visibility role, you must be able to understand the big picture and execute accordingly in managing the on-boarding of response capability into new environments and in driving high severity incidents to closure. Solid technical ability, communication, project management, and problem solving are key skills.
Salesforce has one of the best Information Security teams in the world and growing this piece of the business is a top priority! Our Information Security teams work hand in hand with the business to ensure the highest security around all of our applications. The Gov Cloud Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT) is responsible for 24x7x365 security monitoring and rapid incident response across all Gov Cloud Salesforce and acquisition environments. This team protects the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of company and customer data.
- Strategic thinker with effective project management, navigate ambiguity and deliver timely results in accordance with our team’s vision while partnering with external stakeholders to enhance response capability and onboard new environments
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to identify solutions to encountered or anticipated challenges
- Robust technical understanding of the information security threat landscape, best in class tools and response techniques
- Manage and drive high priority, high visibility severity incidents to resolution with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required for coordinating responses to complex incidents across the organization with many stakeholders
- Ability to manage time and professional interactions well
- Ability to deliver quality work products with aggressive deadlines while balancing multiple priorities
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and clearly to both technical and non-technical staff.
- Technical security background and understanding of host logging and network fundamentals
- Technical understanding of AWS or GCP administration and security controls.
- Familiarity with incident response and security operations within public cloud environments.
- 10+ years experience in the Information Security field, including prior experience in a management/leadership role
- Prior experience in a fast paced operational environment
- Professional and mature demeanor even in high stress situations
- U.S. citizen (U.S. born or naturalized) who does not hold dual citizenship. You agree to complete a Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) for a Moderate Public Trust position with the U.S. federal government or other clearances as deemed appropriate for the role.
- Operational experience responding to security incidents in a production environment
- Openness to being on call in a 24x7x365 operations environment.
- Prior experience on-boarding detection and response capabilities
- Interest in knowledge sharing and mentoring junior team members
- Project management / Scrum master experience
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” five years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Accommodations - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
This candidate must be a U.S. citizen (U.S. born or naturalized) who does not hold dual citizenship and agrees to complete a U.S. federal government Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) for a Moderate Public Trust position.
Back to top