Senior Manager, Developer Productivity & Experiences
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Products and Technology
As the market-leading choice for modern business intelligence, the Tableau platform is known for taking any kind of data from almost any system and turning it into actionable insights with speed and ease. Customers are adopting Tableau faster and more broadly than ever before, and we are committed to helping them build a data-driven culture no matter where they are in their analytics journey. Enabling Tableau engineers to innovate faster and delight customers is the mission of Tableau’s Developer Productivity and Experiences team.
The Developer Productivity and Experiences team at Tableau is looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Software Engineering Manager to lead a team of developers whose mission is to modernize and scale Tableau’s build and developer experiences. Critical to the role is experience delivering trusted, customer focused, and innovative coding experiences and build systems to delight Tableau’s engineers. Adding to the challenge is the diverse nature of the Tableau product family which includes Tableau Online as well as on-premise offerings on Windows, Linux, and macOS.
As a Senior Manager in Tableau’s Developer Productivity and Experiences team, you will drive innovation and results by setting a clear vision for the future of coding experiences and build systems. You’ll excel at partnering across the Tableau engineering organization to deliver impact. Fostering a supportive environment and leading by example to energize your team towards excellence, delivery, and growth will be second nature to you.
Some of the things you will be doing include…
- Drive and deliver on the technical vision to modernize and scale Tableau’s coding experiences and build systems.
- Create intuitive experiences that enables Tableau engineers to code and build changes in a multi-repository, multi-product engineering system.
- Deliver cloud first engineering systems and services that are secure, fast, scalable, reliable, and available.
- Lead a team of skilled engineers to collaborate, partner, grow and deliver customer value.
- Manage and align resourcing across the team to deliver on the vision.
- Partner, collaborate, and problem solve with teams across the company to deliver on the code and build vision.
- Represent and be accountable for all aspects of the code experience and build system to leadership, partners, customers and to your team.
Who you are…
- Leader: History of software engineering leadership.
- Manager: Excellent people management and organizational skills.
- Experienced: Demonstrated ability in build systems, services or tools. Experience with Google’s Bazel build system a big plus.
- Self-Starter: Excellent work ethic; self-directed and resourceful; self-starter who acts with initiative and is pro-active.
- Coach: Deep experience as a coach and mentor providing strategic leadership to the team and partnership across the organization
- Role Model: Demonstrated excellence in communication, collaboration, learning, and empathy leading to committed, impactful, and aligned teams.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Recruiter: Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring on board to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
Accommodations - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Back to top