To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Customer Success Group
What you’ll be doing…
This is a new and exciting role within the Tableau Global Services Delivery Organization. This individual will lead a growing team of Engagement Managers as well as Sales Delivery resources that support specific strategic sales pursuits.
The Senior Director, Engagement Services Leader will be required to forge close and positive relationships across the global selling teams, while accurately aligning Engagement Managers to support specific sales engagements. This leader will ensure our Engagement Managers are helping to support the sales cycle by engaging with the customers and sales teams, translating customer comments and requirements into specific business outcomes, crafting and educating the customer on the art of the possible, prioritisation the services needed to successfully deliver the engagements, and ensuring our delivery teams complete the vision defined throughout the sales process.
In addition to leading the Engagement Managers, this resource will also be responsible for leading a team passionate about sales support. These resources will focus on engagements identified by the sales team, where they see significant upside potential for the customer/prospect to expand their value and footprint of Tableau. These customers need to see Tableau working for them, with their data, before making their buying decision. Engagements can range from days to weeks in duration. The Senior Director, Engagement Services Leader, will need to act as the gatekeeper of requests, lead the resources, prioritize and identify risks to the sales team, and act at the single point of contact for this group.
As part of the Service Delivery Leadership team, this individual will also work with other Service Directors and Service Products teams to help identify and build a series of repeatable outcome-based offerings that can be used to help our Sales teams better position and drive outcomes-based offerings.
This position requires a senior individual with a strong blend of relationship building skills, sales skills, team management skills, a forward looking vision, experience driving business outcomes based analytics solutions, digital transformation experience, business, enterprise architecture and consultative skills. It is an expectation of the role that this individual will be able to build and maintain senior executive relationships both internally and with customers.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include …
- In collaboration with the sales account teams, you will be required to support account and opportunity planning, and resource management activities.
- Drive strong Prioritization and Communication skills to ensure teams are assigned where they are most needed, and expectations and constraints are properly communicated to requesting teams.
- Build an outcome based business culture within the team, and conceptualise to look for common outcome based use cases that can be repeatable in other areas.
- Push the status quo boundaries of team size and skills needed for full successful delivery, opening up the art of the possible.
- Knowledge and ability to articulate key concepts in digital transformation, customer experience and cloud adoption.
- Understand the customer’s business strategy and technology needs; identifying the key capabilities and technology enablers required to support these.
- Be accountable for the development of business case documents, visioning proposals, enterprise architecture artefacts, delivery roadmaps and executive presentations.
- Work within a matrix-style organization, working across multiple teams and partners.
- Mentor and guide sales and presales resources on strategic opportunities.
- Participation in the delivery of solution standard methodologies, reference architectures, educational sessions and industry summits to existing customers, partners and to internal audiences. Serve as a Trusted Advisor to our customer’s technology and business leaders, demonstrating the collective intelligence of our Architect Community and Data Culture dreamers to accelerate business value and reduce risk.
- Assist the team to drive, through governance and attention to critical architecture decisions, adherence to standards and best practices in domains such as: Security, Performance, Integration, Analytics, Mobile, Release Management and Development Lifecycle.
- Advocate and be the voice of an outstanding data and analytics culture.
- Grow the Engagement Manager practice globally by chipping in to internal central initiatives.
Who you are…
- Enterprise Experienced. Experience in enterprise architecture principles and tools. Multi-year experience in either a software vendor or enterprise architecture fields.
- Team Mentor. Be a mentor and growth engine for helping a newer team grow optimally across the globe to help drive new business.
- Strategic & Value Based Salesperson. Proven experience in crafting, selling or implementing technology-based solutions. Ability to communicate the business value of technology decisions along with the business value they deliver.
- Tech Obsessed. Good understanding of the architectural principles of cloud based platforms including SaaS, PaaS, multi-tenant, multi-tiered infrastructure.
- Industry Alignment. Experience with Analytics Tools, AI solutions, and Tableau.
- Digital Transformation Leader. Key experience in Digital Transformation and Business Architecture.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world.
For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of $164,100. You may also be offered incentive compensation, bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.getsalesforcebenefits.com/
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form .
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.