(Senior) Contract Specialist, Sales Operations
- Tokyo, Japan
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Finance and Operations
Love being part of the revenue generating process but don't want the target? Join our Sales Operations team in the Revenue Operations department as a Contract Specialist! Our small, agile, (and fun!) cross-functional team is responsible for ensuring our Sales team is appropriately credited against their outstanding performance.
Our team provides top level service on key Sales Team business and operational initiatives. As Contract Specialist, your responsibilities will include a strong focus on the success of our internal customers including process analysis and other critical tasks. You will play a key role in managing and processing important Contract/Order/Quote (Quotes-to-Cash) and have regular communications with HQ to champion internal system improvements (cloud computing), issue resolution, policy and quality improvements in our superior service delivery. This role requires an individual who is able to work in a team environment, be self-motivated, extremely detail-oriented with demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills.
Success will be measured by initiatives outlined in your yearly V2MOM (a very transparent goal setting system everyone at Salesforce uses) in addition to core deliverables like accurate order booking, SOX compliance, and timely and accurate invoice processing. In all of your duties, time to completion will be focused on as a priority just under accuracy. As one of the most innovative companies in the world, we are also expected individually to contribute to innovating in any area we work. Finally, we are an Ohana (family) culture organization and look to bring on great people who work well with others and love to celebrate success!
- Enable our Sales Team with selling best practices in managing and processing Contract/Order/Quote to maximize the company’s bookings and revenue.
- Advise to have a win-win-win deal structure for our external customers, sales team and SFDC collaborating with other departments (Legal, RevRec, Product & Pricing Team etc) in a timely manner.
- Identify areas of improvement to increase accuracy, completeness and/or consistency, and implement solutions in process, policy and overall operations.
- Review submitted contract and order forms when necessary for completeness, accuracy and conformance to Salesforce.com Sales Order Acceptance policy, and ensure all documentation is in compliance with revenue and company policy.
- Establish strong relationships with Sales, Renewals, Customer Support Managers, Collections, Adjustments, Compensation, Rev Rec., Legal, and other internal resources as appropriate.
- Participate in a new system implementation.
- Audit processes to identify process and performance defects.
- Educate the latest rules, processes and system functionalities to external/internal customers using knowledge base at training sessions, open desk/offices and individual case handling/discussions.
- 3+ years customer order management, or sales support experience in the IT industry.
- Contract structuring and Commission Calculation experience.
- Ability to consistently manage a high volume of cases.
- Excellent analytical skills with close attention to detail.
- Business level of English (Email, Telephone conference, Process Documents, etc)
- Business level of Japanese (Internal counterpart verbal and writing communication, Email)
Desired Skills/Experience :
- Quote-to-cash management knowledge and experience
- Previous Sales Operations experience
- Salesforce experience
- A challenger who thrives in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrated participation in process improvement initiatives and/or project management experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to articulate verbally and written, willingness to appropriately debate difficult issues; ability to think quickly.
- Ability to excel in a fast growing/fast paced environment delivering accuracy while managing to deadlines where adaptability is imperative.
- Ability to understand broader business and financial issues, juggle multiple projects and tasks, and to work with deadlines and in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated initiative.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Back to top