To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Finance and Operations
We are the social impact center of Salesforce focused on partnering with the global community of changemakers. We believe the purpose of business should be to improve the state of the world. We provide access to powerful technology, strategic community partnerships, and impactful investments that empower changemakers to build a better world. We are a unique business unit dedicated to creating solutions for nonprofit, educational, and philanthropic organizations so they can have greater impact. Operating within Salesforce, a for-profit entity, increases our capacity to innovate on top of the world’s #1 CRM platform, to channel the philanthropic power of more than 50,000 Salesforce employees, and to inspire Salesforce customers and partners to join our global movement for good. Visit us at salesforce.org.
About this position:
The Finance & Strategy (F&S) team serves as a trusted advisor to the business to help inform and guide decision making through business partner support and innovative & insightful analyses. We are looking for bright, goal-oriented individuals who will succeed in a fast-paced environment and thrive in building and improving processes that will allow the company to scale with growth.
As a Manager, you will play an integral part on the F&S team supporting Salesforce.org. This role is based in San Francisco/Indianapolis and will report to the Senior Director of F&S. The role will be responsible for managing the global Sales operating budget and headcount plan. This role interfaces frequently with Sales Executives, Sales Strategy, Sales Compensation and Accounting and prepares Executive level reporting and analysis. Aside from traditional reporting and analysis, this role is extremely strategic and collaborative with upper level management at Salesforce.org.
This role calls for a strong, proactive individual who has a proven track record who can autonomously drive projects in a fast paced, collaborative environment and interface confidently with executive level management
- Own and manage the rolling Sales Operating Plan, inclusive of Headcount, T&E, ProServ, and other operating expenses
- Manage monthly close processes, including in-depth variance analysis
- Own and manage commission forecasting for Sales organization, inclusive of 340-40 impact
- Present to the executive team and Sales leadership on a monthly basis analyzing business performance, Headcount, Overtime reporting, and Expense Tracking
- Manage, analyze, and forecast loss of business metrics and gross margin
- Assist Business Leaders in analysis and presentation of strategic materials for key management metrics
- Work cross functionally with the Sales Strategy, Accounting, and Compensation Strategy teams to develop headcount plan, forecast commissions, and understand financial results
- Prepare monthly and quarterly management reporting - analyzing financial results, distilling/synthesizing key trends, assessing current and future business risk, and communicating key messages to senior management
- Run the Annual Planning Process cross functionally with the Corporate Finance team as well as the Sales Management team
- Participate in Long Range Planning process for the Sales team
- Assist in other ad-hoc analysis and presentation requests
Required Skills :
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA or CPA preferred
- 6+ years of FP&A or business finance experience, including experience at a global company
- 4+ years experience in business partnership with VP level business leaders and experience in strategic planning in business operations
- P&L, Commission (340-40 experience)
- Track-record in process re-engineering and optimization
- Ability to work in a fast paced, quickly changing environment
- Ability to work cross functionally and influence appropriately
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Able to think strategically and operate effectively with management
- Experience with the following systems- Workday and Anaplan
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form .
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.