RVP, Sales - Tableau (Indonesia Market)
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Sales
About Tableau, a Salesforce company
Tableau helps people see and understand data. Our analytics platform fuels exploration, allowing you to quickly answer questions with data and share insights across your organization. Global enterprises, early-stage startups, nonprofits, and governments all use Tableau’s intuitive software to quickly transform their data into actionable insights. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world!
What you’ll be doing…
The RVP, Sales is responsible for managing a team of quota carrying sales representatives and sales managers focused on direct sales within a specified market segment, region/territory, and account base and in addition defining strategy and overall business planning for accounts that fall within the assigned market segment/territory. This role should partner with sales managers to providing feedback, coaching and training, which ensures team quota attainment, monitors activity levels, management practices, and implements process efficiency changes to drive maximum productivity. This role is responsible for both new customer acquisition efforts as well as up-sell and cross-sell efforts into existing Tableau relationships.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include …
- Revenue responsibility
- Team management: Recruiting, hiring, training, daily management
- Operational efficiency and process development
- Drive the growth of the direct sales business unit by preparing the team to effectively qualify opportunities, conduct product demonstrations and presentations, and close the sale
- Accelerate the ramp time of new hires by providing sales, industry, software, and process training
- Develop the individuals on the team through call-shadowing with immediate feedback, as well as ongoing 1:1 coaching
- Tight management of team’s pipeline to ensure accurate revenue forecasting
- Actively participate in the sales cycle to bring leadership and strategic support to large deals
- Oversight of leads and pipeline management in CRM system
- Tracking and reporting of sales metrics within using Tableau
- Leadership and management of the Sales team including resource management, hiring, mentorship, and performance management
- Understanding of the assigned sales market and ability to develop sales representatives’ and managers’ skill sets working within these accounts.
Who you are...
- Experienced. Relevant experience leading and managing a sales team. Experience within Business Intelligence/Analytics, is a plus. Understanding of the Indonesia market.
- Amazing Salesperson. You have a desire, even an obsession, to bring / expand customers into the Tableau franchise and maximize revenue. You have the ability to develop and manage a sales pipeline with a proven track record of handling and closing a large number of transactions simultaneously.
- Leader. Exceptional leadership skills: a strong recruiter and motivator of people.
- Builder. Solid track record of building and developing highly effective sales talent.
- Excellent Communication. Proven collaborator and liaison with all levels and departments within an organization and have strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Missionary. Highly driven individual with an execution focus and a strong sense of urgency and a belief in Tableau’s mission.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world.
Tableau will operate independently under the Tableau brand, driving forward a continued focus on our mission, our customers and our Tableau Community. The acquisition closed on August 1, 2019, and Tableau is a wholly-owned subsidiary of salesforce.com, inc.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.
Back to top