To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Products and Technology
Salesforce transforms the businesses of hundreds of thousands of customers and millions of users. Your insights will matter - at scale. You distill complex problems into insights that inform design, development, and business decisions. You seek out diverse data, and you triangulate them. You eagerly use new research methods to get at the heart of the issue, and you have expertise with the ‘tried and true’ ones.
You’re passionate about technology. You’re even more passionate about people. You have deep empathy for their everyday struggles and challenges. You always put their needs first, and you’re unwavering in your desire to provide the best experiences for users.
Sound like you? Then you're someone we want to work with. As a Senior, Lead, or Principal Researcher, you will work in the Research and Insights team. Join our amazing team and you'll get to work with some of the best and brightest. You'll find startup-like scrum teams, consumer-style innovation, and the opportunity to deliver great experiences to millions of end-users. And, by the way, you’ll work for a company that has been named – 10 years running – in Fortune 100 Top Places to work.
- Provide strategic and tactical insights that inform design and development
- Synthesize research to identify personas, product use cases and user types
- Partner fully with product owners, designers, and engineers to provide the best possible experience for our users and customers
- Participate in strategic product research and analysis, always striving to deeply know and understand the customers who will be using your products
- Synthesize research to identify product use cases and user types
- Create narratives to frame problems and highlight the business value of potential solutions
- Be a strategic business partner to key executives, helping shape their long-term vision
- Work on fast-paced projects, requiring attention to detail and working within constrained timelines
Required Experience / Skills:
- 3+ years of experience conducting research in user experience, product design, or technology contexts
- Proven track record influencing product direction and strategy with actionable insights
- Ability to plan, design, execute and communicate both strategic and tactical research engagements
- Ability to structure and lead internal and external workshops or design studios and analyze the outcomes to provide insight for stakeholders
- Expert understanding of research methods (qualitative and quantitative) and best practices
- Experience working in cross-functional teams (e.g. design, product management, marketing)
- Familiarity with advanced qualitative analysis and basic statistical methods and concepts
- Excellent project management, communication, and presentation skills
- Bonus: Experience with business software, solutions, technology
- Bonus: Experience leading, coaching, or managing individual contributors (ideally researchers) welcome
- Bonus: Experience in the relevant industry domain
- Bonus: Experience with business software, solutions, technology
- Bonus: Experience teaching non-research stakeholders and facilitating collaborative workshops
- Bonus: Experience in commerce, business administration, finance, or billing
- B.A./B/S, M.A./M.S. or Ph.D. in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Sociology or a related degree
Teams that are hiring
Trailhead is a free online learning platform with self-paced, bite-sized content that allows people to learn from anywhere and earn globally recognized credentials that help them excel in roles across the Salesforce ecosystem.By breaking down barriers to learning and creating an equal, fun and accessible pathway into the Salesforce ecosystem, more than 3 million people are already skilling up with Trailhead.
As a Researcher working with the Trailhead team, you will be focused on topics such as personalization, gamification, and workforce enablement.
Salesforce Revenue Cloud offers fully integrated quote-to-cash capabilities and end-to-end subscription lifecycle management with the Salesforce CPQ and Salesforce Billing products, delivered natively on the Salesforce platform. CPQ & Billing capabilities are the #1 ask by customer CROs and CIOs who want more control and efficiency in their revenue operations as they transform their businesses with subscription and usage-based offerings. Researchers are embedded in our talented team, conducting foundational research and delivering insights that validate, shape, and inform the short- and long-range product roadmap.
Organizations of all kinds are seeking to build relationships with their customers, prospective customers, donors, investors, and partners. Experience Cloud provides the tools to build content rich experiences on screens, in emails, apps, and websites in a way that is accessible, efficient, measurable and effective.Our Digital Experience Platform features a suite of compelling, fast to deploy Experience Cloud Apps, enabling digital leaders and influencers to quickly deploy digital apps across their consumer journeys.
Salesforce Commerce Cloud is a leading Digital Commerce Platform powering thousands of brands globally. We enable businesses of every industry to transform how they engage with their customers digitally, with rich capabilities to help companies express their brands, engage customers with deep AI lead personalization for engagement and customer loyalty, and drive future growth with a complete platform to support our growing and vibrant ecosystem.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form .
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.