Regional Sales Director | Public Sector
- Flexible / Remote
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Sales
Due to the continued growth of our Public Sector enterprise team we are now seeking a proven sales leader to manage a sales team of Account Executives dedicated to our emerging Government territories; South Australia, Queensland and Western Australia. This role will be based can be based in either South Australia, Queensland or Western Australia and reports into the Regional Vice President, Enterprise Sales for Public Sector, who is responsible for the growth of a range of industry sectors in Australia and New Zealand.
This is a role who can articulate, this is a role for someone who can articulate the value of cloud computing to government and has a proven track record of direct sales and sales management success in software or technology consulting across all Public Sector verticals of Government. An extensive network of senior government relationships will be required to support both the delivery of our Salesforce values and growth with SA/QLD/WA Government.
What’s in it for you?
This is a high growth opportunity working with our Global Public Sector Business Unit that will see you at the forefront of new technology on the market leading Salesforce Platform. With a business culture that has the customer’s interests at the core of everything we do, Salesforce will set you up for success by providing a comprehensive induction and onboarding to the business, including a week long virtual bootcamp.
- Lead the go to market strategy for the Australian Public Sector market across SA/QLD/WA Government to achieve high levels of both revenue growth and customer success.
- Lead the direct central government relationship with SA/QLD/WA Government and ensure Salesforce alignment to deliver against our SA/QLD/WA Government joint objectives.
- Manage a team of Account Executives responsible for SA/QLD/WA Government accounts within the Public Sector business.
- Accurately manage the sales forecasting process for the assigned territory.
- Lead and coach the team to achieve/exceed their annual sales quotas by thoroughly qualifying all leads and sales opportunities and to leverage business from new and established relationships.
- Partner closely with the Salesforce teams and contribute positively across the functions.
- Work closely with our Salesforce Partner ecosystem in support of our developing and delivering Salesforce solutions to SA/QLD/WA Government.
- Assist the Account Managers to drive strategic initiatives into the targeted communications accounts.
- To lead and coach strategy development and execution, negotiations and close business.
- At least 5 years in a direct sales management role.
- Consistent over-achievement of quota, revenue goals, and delivering revenue growth.
- Experience in application software sales to enterprise and public sector customers.
- Demonstrable experience in building successful sales teams.
- Knowledge of the IT industry and ideally the cloud ecosystem, along with its application to Public Sector
- Strong commercial skills and experience.
- An extensive network of senior government relationships with SA/QLD/WA Government.
- Background working in the cloud computing arena;
- Experience in enterprise software sales, with a strong preference for business applications experience.
- Experience in IT Consultancy and Advisory services.
Salesforce is the global leader in customer relationship management (CRM) software. We pioneered the shift to cloud computing, and today we’re delivering the next generation of social, mobile and cloud technologies that help companies revolutionise the way they sell, service, market and innovate–and become customer companies. We are the fastest growing of the world’s top 10 enterprise software companies, one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for the last five years according to Forbes Magazine and ranked #3 on BRW's Best Places to Work Australia awards. Our fast paced culture is built around doing work that matters, winning as a team and celebrating success. Ready to find your #dreamjob?
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form .
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.
Back to top